DANIA BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO Media Advisory) — The Broward Sheriff’s Office used Find My Phone to locate a car stolen with a child inside. It started at a Marathon Gas Station at 5551 W. Hallandale Beach Blvd., Pembroke Park.
The call was received at 7:43 a.m. While inside, someone jumped in her Mitsubishi Outlander, driving away with her 4-year-old son in the back seat.
Responding BSO deputies and officers from neighboring Miramar, Hollywood and Hallandale began looking for the vehicle.
The responding BSO Sgt. learned from the mom that she had left her cell phone in the car. He was able to use the Find My Phone feature to locate the phone and thus the vehicle.
The vehicle was found in the parking lot of the plaza located at State Road 7 & Pembroke Rd. (where Home Depot is located).
Thanks to the quick actions of the sergeant and everyone involved, the child was located within 12 minutes of receiving the call.
The suspect was not located. The investigation continues.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic
- TIME TO VOTE: Early Voting Locations Now Open In Palm Beach County
- Thanksgiving Could Be “Devastating” To South Palm Beach County
- FAU Reports 235 Students, Faculty Positive For COVID-19
- Tropical Depression Expected Off Florida’s Coast By Tuesday
- Early Voting Starts Monday In Palm Beach County
- POLICE: Mara Mena Missing, Last Seen In West Boca Raton
- FLORIDA: Five Days Of COVID-19 Infection Increases