UPDATE: 11:34 — From police/fire rescue — the road has reopened.
UPDATE: 11:11a The leak is capped but the closures continue.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — (8:45a) — Lyons Road is closed between Clint Moore and Seven Bridges/The Bridges as rescuers work to cap a gas leak in the Boca Bridges construction site. The leak is on the east side of the road.
Fire Rescue’s special operations team is on the scene. We’re told the closure could continue for several hours. BocaNewsNow.com has learned that construction equipment punctured a gas line. The construction site is overseen by GL Homes.
The construction site has been largely evacuated. Traffic, already bad on Lyons due to the construction sites on the east and west sides of the road, is at a standstill as of 9:01 am. Southbound traffic is attempting to turn around in a narrow section of the road. Our guidance: turn around in the area of The Bridges and Seven Bridges which is just before the scene.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man, With White Claw Beer, Lunges At Cop
- AIRPORT PARKING: Again, Fort Lauderdale Says Garages Full, Opens Overflow
- CLAUDETTE FORMS: Tropical Storm Battering Coast, Florida In Warning Zone
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism