UPDATE: 11:34 — From police/fire rescue — the road has reopened.
UPDATE: 11:11a The leak is capped but the closures continue.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — (8:45a) — Lyons Road is closed between Clint Moore and Seven Bridges/The Bridges as rescuers work to cap a gas leak in the Boca Bridges construction site. The leak is on the east side of the road.
Fire Rescue’s special operations team is on the scene. We’re told the closure could continue for several hours. BocaNewsNow.com has learned that construction equipment punctured a gas line. The construction site is overseen by GL Homes.
The construction site has been largely evacuated. Traffic, already bad on Lyons due to the construction sites on the east and west sides of the road, is at a standstill as of 9:01 am. Southbound traffic is attempting to turn around in a narrow section of the road. Our guidance: turn around in the area of The Bridges and Seven Bridges which is just before the scene.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Dogs In Starbucks, Publix, Aldi, Boca Raton And Delray Beach Readers Say Enough
- Tropical Storm Arlene Forms West Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Real Estate Market Still Plummeting
- Person Killed, Struck By Brightline Train In North Broward County
- Boomer’s Boca Raton Sued After Go-Kart Crash
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION FORMS: In Gulf of Mexico, West Of Florida
- Seven Bridges Delray Beach Resident Arrested In West Palm Beach
- NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER: System In Gulf Is Developing
- Valencia Isles Sues Homeowner, Renter Over “Outrageous Behavior”