UPDATE: 11:34 — From police/fire rescue — the road has reopened.
UPDATE: 11:11a The leak is capped but the closures continue.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — (8:45a) — Lyons Road is closed between Clint Moore and Seven Bridges/The Bridges as rescuers work to cap a gas leak in the Boca Bridges construction site. The leak is on the east side of the road.
Fire Rescue’s special operations team is on the scene. We’re told the closure could continue for several hours. BocaNewsNow.com has learned that construction equipment punctured a gas line. The construction site is overseen by GL Homes.
The construction site has been largely evacuated. Traffic, already bad on Lyons due to the construction sites on the east and west sides of the road, is at a standstill as of 9:01 am. Southbound traffic is attempting to turn around in a narrow section of the road. Our guidance: turn around in the area of The Bridges and Seven Bridges which is just before the scene.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak