UPDATE: 11:34 — From police/fire rescue — the road has reopened.
UPDATE: 11:11a The leak is capped but the closures continue.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — (8:45a) — Lyons Road is closed between Clint Moore and Seven Bridges/The Bridges as rescuers work to cap a gas leak in the Boca Bridges construction site. The leak is on the east side of the road.
Fire Rescue’s special operations team is on the scene. We’re told the closure could continue for several hours. BocaNewsNow.com has learned that construction equipment punctured a gas line. The construction site is overseen by GL Homes.
The construction site has been largely evacuated. Traffic, already bad on Lyons due to the construction sites on the east and west sides of the road, is at a standstill as of 9:01 am. Southbound traffic is attempting to turn around in a narrow section of the road. Our guidance: turn around in the area of The Bridges and Seven Bridges which is just before the scene.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care