UPDATE: 11:34 — From police/fire rescue — the road has reopened.
UPDATE: 11:11a The leak is capped but the closures continue.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — (8:45a) — Lyons Road is closed between Clint Moore and Seven Bridges/The Bridges as rescuers work to cap a gas leak in the Boca Bridges construction site. The leak is on the east side of the road.
Fire Rescue’s special operations team is on the scene. We’re told the closure could continue for several hours. BocaNewsNow.com has learned that construction equipment punctured a gas line. The construction site is overseen by GL Homes.
The construction site has been largely evacuated. Traffic, already bad on Lyons due to the construction sites on the east and west sides of the road, is at a standstill as of 9:01 am. Southbound traffic is attempting to turn around in a narrow section of the road. Our guidance: turn around in the area of The Bridges and Seven Bridges which is just before the scene.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District