BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District just gifted parents with a day of needing coverage. The school board is declaring Tuesday, August 28th, as a day off. While teachers will be engaged in a “professional development day,” students will have the day off so schools are student-free for primary elections.
It is unclear why voting isn’t moved to fire houses, police stations, churches and other public buildings as is the case in most of the civilized world, but here in Palm Beach County, look forward to one less day of learning. Again — August 28th is now officially a “day off” for students in Palm Beach County Schools.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form