UPDATE: 12p, Wednesday, August 8th:
All out-of-state and international students are being invited to a special commencement ceremony this week. Time and location specifics will be shared as soon as they are available. All other students are being invited to a rescheduled commencement event next week. Location and time will be determined based on the number who plan to attend.
Any students who cannot make the rescheduled commencements will be invited to participate in the regularly scheduled Fall 2018 commencement ceremony this December with their college.
All students affected by this rescheduling will also be invited to the Sept. 8football game against Air Force, our first home game, for a special recognition.
UPDATE: 7:18P — Here is the official statement, just released:
At approximately 4 p.m. today, a staff member found a note in a women’s restroom at FAU’s College of Business with a threat that was specific to today’s 5 p.m.commencement ceremony. The ceremony was canceled and the building evacuated to allow for a police investigation. The investigation is still ongoing.
There were 462 students scheduled to participate in the ceremony. Every effort will be made to give these students the recognition they deserve.
Please check http://www.fau.edu/advisoryfor updates.
UPDATE 6:45 — Unspecified threat was found on a sticky note.
UPDATE 6:01p — FAU refuses to release public safety information prior to 6:15p
UPDATE: Student union is being evacuated.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Developing — Tonight’s commencement at FAU is canceled due to what is being called a “credible threat.” FAU Police Department is running point on the operation. Unclear what caused the cancellation at this time.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA LOGS 51,000 COVID CASES OVER THREE DAYS
- Two Seniors Killed In West Boynton Beach Crash
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks