DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Golf Cart crash that injured four minors Thursday in the West Delray Beach community of Seven Bridges remains under investigation by PBSO, but investigators tell BocaNewsNow.com that the golf cart turned left in front of an oncoming Volkswagen, leading to the crash that sent all four children to a hospital.
The children are expected to be fine — officials confirm that the most serious injury involved a severe laceration to a child’s ear. The driver of the Volkswagen was not injured and is not at fault.
Puzzling investigators, however, is the status of Seven Bridges.
The community, which remains under construction, has not applied to state officials or the Department of Transportation to permit golf carts on the community’s roads. That suggests, according to a PBSO command staff member, that the apparently unlicensed child driving the golf cart — and potentially his or her parents — could face criminal charges. However, the community could be considered “under construction” which means investigators could classify the crash as an “off road accident.”
“That’s a stretch, however,” said an investigator, “since there are traffic control devices in the community.”
Stop signs — and similar traffic control signs — are approved by the Department of Transportation. These signs have existed in Seven Bridges for more than a year.
PBSO says that G.L. Homes, the builder, is directing investigators to the HOA. The HOA is currently controlled by GL Homes representatives.
Investigators suggest it could be a week before the issues are sorted out and a determination is made on charges.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors