BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca Raton Regional Hospital) — Boca Raton Regional Hospital has again been recognized as a top-ranked regional hospital in U.S. News & World Report’s 2018–2019 annual review of its Best Hospitals. The Hospital is currently ranked 13th out of approximately 300 hospitals in Florida and 3rd in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale metro area, making it the highest ranked hospital in Palm Beach County. Last year, Boca Regional was ranked 16 th in Florida and 6th in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale metro area.
U.S. News & World Report also ranked Boca Regional as a high-performing hospital in abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, colon cancer surgery, heart failure and lung cancer surgery.
“We are honored to have this recognition by U.S. News & World Report for the 4th consecutive year,” said Jerry Fedele, President and CEO of Boca Raton Regional Hospital. “It is strong testimony to our commitment to provide high quality healthcare that includes a spectrum of advanced clinical programs, the latest in medical technology, outstanding nursing and leading specialists in their respective fields.”
For the 2018–19 rankings, U.S. News evaluated more than 4,500 medical centers nationwide in 25 specialties, procedures and conditions. In the 16 specialty areas, 158 hospitals were ranked in at least one specialty. In rankings by state and metro area, U.S. News recognized hospitals as high performing across multiple areas of care.
The annual Best Hospitals rankings, now in their 29th year, are designed to assist patients and their doctors in making informed decisions about where to receive care for challenging health conditions or for common elective procedures. The U.S. News Best Hospitals methodologies in most areas of care are based largely or entirely on objective measures such as risk-adjusted survival and readmission rates, volume, patient experience, patient safety and quality of nursing, among other care-related indicators.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”