BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Herman Law) — Attorneys representing a victim of child sexual abuse allegedly committed by Christopher Falzone while a teacher at Sheridan Elementary School have filed a lawsuit against the School Board of Broward County.
The suit alleges that in 2012, when the victim was eight years old, Falzone was a substitute in her second grade class. Falzone openly groomed and sexually harassed the victim by rubbing her back and hugging her. Falzone also touched and sexually harassed other female students, sometimes right in front of the principal. In 2013 when the victim was nine years old, Falzone began to sexually assault the victim by touching her butt and fondling her vagina. Falzone also sexually assaulted other girls.
Falzone was terminated from Sheridan Elementary School in 2013 after the victim reported that he was touching her buttocks. Falzone was subsequently hired by Renaissance Charter School in Cooper City which is a Charter School USA affiliate. (Jeff Herman won a verdict against Charter School USA for $5,250,000 in 2016 for a victim of sexual abuse at another school.)
Falzone was also hired by Live Oak Camp where he was recently accused of sexually molesting a girl and has since been arrested.
Jeff Herman filed a negligence and Title IX complaint against the School Board. Herman previously settled another Title IX lawsuit for teacher sexual abuse against the School Board of Broward County for $1 million.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Ordered Closed By Health Inspector
- SECURITY ALERT: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Evacuated
- HAMMER TIME: Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Hits Husband On Head With Hammer
- Body Found On Side Of Palm Beach County Road, FHP Asks For Tips
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car
- Boomers Boca Raton Sued Again, Another Go-Kart Claim
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Man Allegedly Burglarizes Neighbor, Is Hit With Baseball Bat
- NEED A JOB? Palm Beach County School District Sets Major Hiring Event