BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Herman Law) — Attorneys representing a victim of child sexual abuse allegedly committed by Christopher Falzone while a teacher at Sheridan Elementary School have filed a lawsuit against the School Board of Broward County.
The suit alleges that in 2012, when the victim was eight years old, Falzone was a substitute in her second grade class. Falzone openly groomed and sexually harassed the victim by rubbing her back and hugging her. Falzone also touched and sexually harassed other female students, sometimes right in front of the principal. In 2013 when the victim was nine years old, Falzone began to sexually assault the victim by touching her butt and fondling her vagina. Falzone also sexually assaulted other girls.
Falzone was terminated from Sheridan Elementary School in 2013 after the victim reported that he was touching her buttocks. Falzone was subsequently hired by Renaissance Charter School in Cooper City which is a Charter School USA affiliate. (Jeff Herman won a verdict against Charter School USA for $5,250,000 in 2016 for a victim of sexual abuse at another school.)
Falzone was also hired by Live Oak Camp where he was recently accused of sexually molesting a girl and has since been arrested.
Jeff Herman filed a negligence and Title IX complaint against the School Board. Herman previously settled another Title IX lawsuit for teacher sexual abuse against the School Board of Broward County for $1 million.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home
- Boca Raton Police Charge Real Estate Agent With Harming Child