DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — You can’t make this stuff up. PBSO Detective J. Lawless — seriously, Det. Lawless — has co-written one of the best probable cause affidavits we have ever read. It involves the Delray Beach couple of Naomi and Daniel Friedman — owners of a bait and tackle store in Lake Park.
Police allege they baited, then tackled (among other things) men who the Friedmans claim stole from the store earlier in the month. The Friedmans allegedly disabled their surveillance system after luring the men to the store where a large wad of cash — and a gun — all become part of the story. While Det. Lawless has the best cop name ever, we don’t want to leave out Det. T. Rebholz who also investigated.
The Friedmans are now spending time in the Palm Beach County Jail, charged with robbery, destroying evidence, kidnap and more.
Read the entire affidavit right here.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL STORM ZETA: Heavy Rains South Florida, Possible Gulf Coast Strike
- HOME DEPOT: Unmasked West Boca Worker, No Response From Corporate
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 28 Forms, Gulf Coast Track Again
- BAD: Florida Reports 4,433 New COVID-19 Infections
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues