DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — You can’t make this stuff up. PBSO Detective J. Lawless — seriously, Det. Lawless — has co-written one of the best probable cause affidavits we have ever read. It involves the Delray Beach couple of Naomi and Daniel Friedman — owners of a bait and tackle store in Lake Park.
Police allege they baited, then tackled (among other things) men who the Friedmans claim stole from the store earlier in the month. The Friedmans allegedly disabled their surveillance system after luring the men to the store where a large wad of cash — and a gun — all become part of the story. While Det. Lawless has the best cop name ever, we don’t want to leave out Det. T. Rebholz who also investigated.
The Friedmans are now spending time in the Palm Beach County Jail, charged with robbery, destroying evidence, kidnap and more.
Read the entire affidavit right here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: Critical Crash Northbound Near Glades Road
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On The Wave, Development Possible
- Homeowner Sues Valencia Reserve, Critically Injured
- DONNA KLEIN JEWISH ACADEMY SUED: STUDENT BULLIED, INJURED
- POLICE: Bulldog Named Morty Attacks Golden Retriever In Seven Bridges, Punctures Ear
- HURRICANE CENTER: There’s Another Wave To Watch