BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 163 page lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County alleges sexual assaults of multiple customers in Massage Envy locations throughout Palm Beach County and across Florida.
Among the sites listed: the Massage Envy at 7050 West Palmetto Park Road, Suite 17; Massage Envy at 4125 North Federal Highway in Boca Raton.
The suit lists several “Jane Doe” victims, with attorneys stating that they are protecting the name of the women allegedly assaulted.
Under applicable laws,” states the suit, “the identity of sexual assault victims like Jane Doe #10 is to be maintained out of the public record to protect her privacy, encourage similarly situated victims to seek redress in civil and criminal courts and ultimately to protect the public from recidivist sex offenders.”
According to the suit, Jane Doe #3 — a customer at the West Boca Massage Envy — had her “breasts inappropriately touched without her consent while she was a customer at Massage Envy West Boca.”
In another section of the suit focused on the Boca Raton Massage Envy — Spanish River, at 4125 North Federal Highway in Boca, attorneys state that Jane Doe #10, who requested a female therapist, was assigned a male therapist who requested that she undress and disrobe in front of him on two separate occasions during one massage. In the same facility, Jane Doe #11 alleges that her massage therapist “placed his genitals extremely close to her head.”
The lawsuit alleges that Massage Envy, which operates as a franchise model, “conspired” with its franchise locations to hide reports of sexual assault from investigators, misrepresented its hiring practices, and falsely claimed that the safety of its customers matters.
Massage Envy has faced sex assault lawsuits across the country. This suit is filed by the law firms of Gordon and Doner in Palm Beach County and Laffey, Bucci and Kent in Philadelphia.
Read the complete suit here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Popular Boca Raton Restaurant Was Shut For Roaches, Health Code Violations
- CDC: If Vaccinated, Some Family Visiting Okay, But No Travel, No Word On Restaurants
- Silky, Smooth and Slippery: Victoria’s Secret Sued By Palm Beach County Woman
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Battering Senior Citizen
- School Board Member Dr. Robinson: It’s Time To Step Up On FSA’s
- In Hidden Trump, DeSantis COVID Report, Florida Looking Better
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now