BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 163 page lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County alleges sexual assaults of multiple customers in Massage Envy locations throughout Palm Beach County and across Florida.
Among the sites listed: the Massage Envy at 7050 West Palmetto Park Road, Suite 17; Massage Envy at 4125 North Federal Highway in Boca Raton.
The suit lists several “Jane Doe” victims, with attorneys stating that they are protecting the name of the women allegedly assaulted.
Under applicable laws,” states the suit, “the identity of sexual assault victims like Jane Doe #10 is to be maintained out of the public record to protect her privacy, encourage similarly situated victims to seek redress in civil and criminal courts and ultimately to protect the public from recidivist sex offenders.”
According to the suit, Jane Doe #3 — a customer at the West Boca Massage Envy — had her “breasts inappropriately touched without her consent while she was a customer at Massage Envy West Boca.”
In another section of the suit focused on the Boca Raton Massage Envy — Spanish River, at 4125 North Federal Highway in Boca, attorneys state that Jane Doe #10, who requested a female therapist, was assigned a male therapist who requested that she undress and disrobe in front of him on two separate occasions during one massage. In the same facility, Jane Doe #11 alleges that her massage therapist “placed his genitals extremely close to her head.”
The lawsuit alleges that Massage Envy, which operates as a franchise model, “conspired” with its franchise locations to hide reports of sexual assault from investigators, misrepresented its hiring practices, and falsely claimed that the safety of its customers matters.
Massage Envy has faced sex assault lawsuits across the country. This suit is filed by the law firms of Gordon and Doner in Palm Beach County and Laffey, Bucci and Kent in Philadelphia.
Read the complete suit here.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER