DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Highway Patrol tells BocaNewsNow.com that 43-year-old Thomas Rankin of Delray died Monday afternoon at Delray Medical Center following a one car crash on I-95 near Woolbright Road.
FHP says Rankin, a black Dodge Charger, “veered off the roadway and sideswiped the concrete barrier wall. As the black Dodge Charger approached the curved portion of this roadway, a passing motorist saw this occur and feared the black Dodge Charger may veer back into traffic. The passing motorist pulled in front of the Dodge as it slowed to approximately 5 miles per hour to prevent it from going into traffic. (Rankin) was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced deceased.”
FHP says it is unknown at this point if alcohol was a factor. The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”