DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Highway Patrol tells BocaNewsNow.com that 43-year-old Thomas Rankin of Delray died Monday afternoon at Delray Medical Center following a one car crash on I-95 near Woolbright Road.
FHP says Rankin, a black Dodge Charger, “veered off the roadway and sideswiped the concrete barrier wall. As the black Dodge Charger approached the curved portion of this roadway, a passing motorist saw this occur and feared the black Dodge Charger may veer back into traffic. The passing motorist pulled in front of the Dodge as it slowed to approximately 5 miles per hour to prevent it from going into traffic. (Rankin) was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced deceased.”
FHP says it is unknown at this point if alcohol was a factor. The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested