DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Highway Patrol tells BocaNewsNow.com that 43-year-old Thomas Rankin of Delray died Monday afternoon at Delray Medical Center following a one car crash on I-95 near Woolbright Road.
FHP says Rankin, a black Dodge Charger, “veered off the roadway and sideswiped the concrete barrier wall. As the black Dodge Charger approached the curved portion of this roadway, a passing motorist saw this occur and feared the black Dodge Charger may veer back into traffic. The passing motorist pulled in front of the Dodge as it slowed to approximately 5 miles per hour to prevent it from going into traffic. (Rankin) was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced deceased.”
FHP says it is unknown at this point if alcohol was a factor. The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pfizer COVID-19 Appointments Available In Palm Beach County
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge