DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com received several emails from homeowners in Mizner Country Club (Lyons between Atlantic and Clint Moore) claiming that our reporting was incorrect — that a car wasn’t stolen because the community’s super duper new car theft stopping system wouldn’t let the thieves out of the community. PBSO says that’s a good story but not true.
According to police, the gate security officer called 911 early Tuesday morning to report a stolen vehicle with 2 black men. When the men, according to police, saw a “marked” police vehicle, they took off on foot.
Incredibly, police later learned from the homeowner on Vahalla Drive that “he kept the vehicle in his driveway, unlocked, with the key fob inside. There was also a handgun in the center console that was not found during recovery.”
The thieves are at large. The homeowner has taken custody of the vehicle.
Law enforcement reminds all that the best “car theft stopping system” involves keeping your car locked and key fob in your pocket. Neighboring Boca Raton Police have even launched the tongue-in-cheek yet completely on point “WTF” campaign. WTF stands for “Where The Fob.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fatal Crash In Gleneagles Country Club, Pedestrian Struck In Front Of Home
- Child Neglect, Hit and Run Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Reminder: Masks Still Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- Biergarten Boca Raton Sued, Drunk Dancer Falls On Woman
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Florida’s Turnpike To Close
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside
- LOWEST IN A YEAR: Local COVID Hospitalizations Plummet
- No Mask Required In Publix If You Are Vaccinated
- Enhanced DUI Charge For Boca Man, Open Corona In Car When Stopped