BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com is proud to announce our new feature, “Carwinism™.”
Based on the concept of “Survival Of The Fittest” by Charles Darwin, Carwinism™ takes that concept and moves it to the world of automobile thefts — specifically, the ongoing overnight thefts from cars left unlocked in the driveways of homes in gated communities.
Examples: in the past few days, a car was stolen from Mizner Country Club — the owner left his keys and gun inside. In Addison Reserve, a homeowner left keys inside a car which also was stolen.
We’ve actually lost count of just how many cars have been stolen from gated communities in West Delray and throughout the city and unincorporated areas of Boca Raton over the past year. But we do know that police tell us the same story on an almost daily basis. “A homeowner left their key fob IN the car, unlocked, in their driveway, and then are astonished when the car isn’t there in the morning.”
More often than not, the victims are transplants from New York or New Jersey who inexplicably keep their NY or NJ license plates and believe they are immune from theft by living in a gated community.
Boca Police created a campaign to deal with this phenomenon. “WTF” or “where’s the fob.”
While we love Boca PD’s crimestopping snarkiness, we wanted to create our own name for this trend.
What better than playing with a name synonymous with the less intelligent being eaten by the more intelligent?
We expect Carwinism™ to be a daily feature. If we miss a car theft that you’ve heard of, please email us at news (at) bocanewsnow.com
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates