BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com is proud to announce our new feature, “Carwinism™.”
Based on the concept of “Survival Of The Fittest” by Charles Darwin, Carwinism™ takes that concept and moves it to the world of automobile thefts — specifically, the ongoing overnight thefts from cars left unlocked in the driveways of homes in gated communities.
Examples: in the past few days, a car was stolen from Mizner Country Club — the owner left his keys and gun inside. In Addison Reserve, a homeowner left keys inside a car which also was stolen.
We’ve actually lost count of just how many cars have been stolen from gated communities in West Delray and throughout the city and unincorporated areas of Boca Raton over the past year. But we do know that police tell us the same story on an almost daily basis. “A homeowner left their key fob IN the car, unlocked, in their driveway, and then are astonished when the car isn’t there in the morning.”
More often than not, the victims are transplants from New York or New Jersey who inexplicably keep their NY or NJ license plates and believe they are immune from theft by living in a gated community.
Boca Police created a campaign to deal with this phenomenon. “WTF” or “where’s the fob.”
While we love Boca PD’s crimestopping snarkiness, we wanted to create our own name for this trend.
What better than playing with a name synonymous with the less intelligent being eaten by the more intelligent?
We expect Carwinism™ to be a daily feature. If we miss a car theft that you’ve heard of, please email us at news (at) bocanewsnow.com
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SIRENS: Dead In Boca Glades, Heart Issue At Olympic Heights High, Fire In Boca Grove
- Boca Raton Woman Crashes Mercedes Into Honda After Two Martinis
- In Florida, 65 Die From COVID Monday, But Hospitalizations Dropping
- Florida Fish And Wildlife Commission Releases Details Of Weekend Fatal Crash
- UPDATE: Orlando Man Dies In Boca Raton I-95 Crash
- TRAFFIC ALERT: ALL LANES ON I-95 NORTHBOUND SHUT IN BOCA RATON
- SIRENS: Assault In Boca Dunes, Hard Fall In Boca Raton Publix, Trauma In St. Andrews
- COLD! Wind Chill In The 30s Possible In Palm Beach County Tonight
- GROUNDED: Airlines Already Cancel 1400 Flights Monday