BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com is proud to announce our new feature, “Carwinism™.”
Based on the concept of “Survival Of The Fittest” by Charles Darwin, Carwinism™ takes that concept and moves it to the world of automobile thefts — specifically, the ongoing overnight thefts from cars left unlocked in the driveways of homes in gated communities.
Examples: in the past few days, a car was stolen from Mizner Country Club — the owner left his keys and gun inside. In Addison Reserve, a homeowner left keys inside a car which also was stolen.
We’ve actually lost count of just how many cars have been stolen from gated communities in West Delray and throughout the city and unincorporated areas of Boca Raton over the past year. But we do know that police tell us the same story on an almost daily basis. “A homeowner left their key fob IN the car, unlocked, in their driveway, and then are astonished when the car isn’t there in the morning.”
More often than not, the victims are transplants from New York or New Jersey who inexplicably keep their NY or NJ license plates and believe they are immune from theft by living in a gated community.
Boca Police created a campaign to deal with this phenomenon. “WTF” or “where’s the fob.”
While we love Boca PD’s crimestopping snarkiness, we wanted to create our own name for this trend.
What better than playing with a name synonymous with the less intelligent being eaten by the more intelligent?
We expect Carwinism™ to be a daily feature. If we miss a car theft that you’ve heard of, please email us at news (at) bocanewsnow.com
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire
- Million Dollar Lottery Winner Lives In Boynton Beach
- Boca Raton Teen Killer Identified, Cops Say Shot Friend In Back Yard
- Boca Raton’s L’Ambiance HOA Facing Lawsuit
- CRASH AND BURN: Boca Isles South Burglar Crashes Getaway Car At Cop Shop
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach
- South Palm Beach County Killer In Custody According To Police