WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County) — In an abundance of caution, Palm Beach County beaches from the Martin County line south to Kreusler Park in Palm Beach will be closed for 48 hours. This includes DuBois Park, which abuts the Jupiter Inlet, but not Phil Foster Park. Peanut Island swimming beach is also closed. Parking lots, picnic areas, and pavilions not on the beach will be open. Earlier today, Beachgoers reported breathing problems in Jupiter, which prompted a response from Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.
The Florida Department of Health in Palm Beach County has issued a health advisory for the next 48 hours. Persons with respiratory allergies should avoid contact with the beaches from Kreusler Park north to the Martin County line.
The Health Department received reports Saturday that a number of people on the county beaches were experiencing respiratory issues and eye irritation. Partners with Department of Environmental Protection, Florida Fish and Wildlife, Palm Beach County Environmental Resource Management and other state and local agencies are investigating the potential causes of the irritation. Results will not be available for at least 48 hours and as a precaution, the Health Department is issuing the Health Advisory.
Palm Beach County has made the decision to close county beaches until the cause is known. Conditions are subject to change and any updates will be provided by news release and social media.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation