WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County) — In an abundance of caution, Palm Beach County beaches from the Martin County line south to Kreusler Park in Palm Beach will be closed for 48 hours. This includes DuBois Park, which abuts the Jupiter Inlet, but not Phil Foster Park. Peanut Island swimming beach is also closed. Parking lots, picnic areas, and pavilions not on the beach will be open. Earlier today, Beachgoers reported breathing problems in Jupiter, which prompted a response from Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.
The Florida Department of Health in Palm Beach County has issued a health advisory for the next 48 hours. Persons with respiratory allergies should avoid contact with the beaches from Kreusler Park north to the Martin County line.
The Health Department received reports Saturday that a number of people on the county beaches were experiencing respiratory issues and eye irritation. Partners with Department of Environmental Protection, Florida Fish and Wildlife, Palm Beach County Environmental Resource Management and other state and local agencies are investigating the potential causes of the irritation. Results will not be available for at least 48 hours and as a precaution, the Health Department is issuing the Health Advisory.
Palm Beach County has made the decision to close county beaches until the cause is known. Conditions are subject to change and any updates will be provided by news release and social media.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Sinai Residences Breaks Ground On Phase Two
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS CLEANING CRISIS: Principal Tells Teachers To “Make Solution Of Soap And Water”
- No Wipes For First Graders: We Obtain Principal Email About Palm Beach School Cleaning
- Palm Beach School Board Member Calls Reopening Plan “Wrong,” Is Praying
- Palm Beach Schools: Wipes Shortage, Mask Shortages, Teachers Scared For Monday
- TEACHERS: Palm Beach County Parents Don’t Understand Where They’re Sending Kids
- Boynton Beach Woman Jailed, Tried To Smuggle Drugs Into Jail
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open