BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The limousine driver who died Sunday when he crashed into an SUV in New York, leaving 20 dead, shouldn’t have been behind the wheel.
The Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys, a national transportation safety organization, says the fact that driver Scott Lisnicchia didn’t have a Commercial Drivers License means that he was risking his life — and the lives of everyone he drove — every time he was on the road.
The ATAA is co-founded by nationally renowned truck accident attorney Michael Leizermanwho has offices in South Florida. Jacksonville attorney Joe Camerlengo, who also practices nationally, serves as president of the 500 member organization which is reminding the public to confirm that their drivers are licensed to drive the vehicles they plan to ride in, before getting inside.
“There is a reason why Commercial Driver’s Licenses are required for passenger vehicles like this,” said nationally renowned truck accident attorney Michael Leizerman. “To obtain a CDL, drivers have to have a certain base of knowledge and obtain a medical certificate. While we don’t yet know why the limo driver ran the stop sign — and we may never learn — the health exam required for the medical certificate would have kept the driver off the road if he had high blood pressure, was taking dangerous prescription medications, or if he had sleep problems.”
The Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys advocates safety nationwide by working to ensure that laws are followed by transportation companies. Its members advocate safety through enforcement, and represent victims and their loved ones following preventable transportation disasters.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance
- FATAL CRASH BOCA: David Hernandez, 21, Killed, Driver Allegedly Drunk
- KIDS HOSPITALIZED FLORIDA: CDC Report Reveals Children Hospitalized With COVID
- CDC Predicts 40,867 COVID Deaths In Florida In Four Weeks
- Seven Bridges HOA Sued Again: Defamation Claim By Caterer
- FLORIDA HOSPITALS IN CRISIS, 10K COVID PATIENTS USING BEDS