BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Stuart Freilich apparently had an unfortunate luggage mishap in the Boca Raton Walmart (441 and Palmetto Park Road) that has lead him to sue the mega chain.
In a filing obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, Freilich alleges that “unbeknownst to the plaintiff, one or more of the component pieces of shelving was broken and/or in a state of disrepair, and, as Plaintiff attempted to access a travel bag, a loose and broken strip of metal, along with multiple travel bags, fell onto him, causing him to sustain injuries.”
Among Freilich’s claims:
“Plaintiff suffered bodily injury and resulting pain and suffering, disability, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment. These losses are either permanent or continuing in nature, and Plaintiff will suffer these damages in the future.”
The lawsuit seeks in excess of $15,000 — the statutory bottom limit for filing in circuit court.
Attorney Robert Dixon, of Miami, represents Freilich.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida