BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Stuart Freilich apparently had an unfortunate luggage mishap in the Boca Raton Walmart (441 and Palmetto Park Road) that has lead him to sue the mega chain.
In a filing obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, Freilich alleges that “unbeknownst to the plaintiff, one or more of the component pieces of shelving was broken and/or in a state of disrepair, and, as Plaintiff attempted to access a travel bag, a loose and broken strip of metal, along with multiple travel bags, fell onto him, causing him to sustain injuries.”
Among Freilich’s claims:
“Plaintiff suffered bodily injury and resulting pain and suffering, disability, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment. These losses are either permanent or continuing in nature, and Plaintiff will suffer these damages in the future.”
The lawsuit seeks in excess of $15,000 — the statutory bottom limit for filing in circuit court.
Attorney Robert Dixon, of Miami, represents Freilich.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail