BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Stuart Freilich apparently had an unfortunate luggage mishap in the Boca Raton Walmart (441 and Palmetto Park Road) that has lead him to sue the mega chain.
In a filing obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, Freilich alleges that “unbeknownst to the plaintiff, one or more of the component pieces of shelving was broken and/or in a state of disrepair, and, as Plaintiff attempted to access a travel bag, a loose and broken strip of metal, along with multiple travel bags, fell onto him, causing him to sustain injuries.”
Among Freilich’s claims:
“Plaintiff suffered bodily injury and resulting pain and suffering, disability, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment. These losses are either permanent or continuing in nature, and Plaintiff will suffer these damages in the future.”
The lawsuit seeks in excess of $15,000 — the statutory bottom limit for filing in circuit court.
Attorney Robert Dixon, of Miami, represents Freilich.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Senator Marco Rubio Talks TikTok, FAU With Andrew Colton on NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- WHOSE BODY WAS IN BURNING CAR? BROWARD COPS ASKING FOR TIPS
- GO OWLS! FAU’s Student Affairs VP Joins Andrew Colton On NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Ordered Closed By Health Inspector
- SECURITY ALERT: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Evacuated
- HAMMER TIME: Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Hits Husband On Head With Hammer
- Body Found On Side Of Palm Beach County Road, FHP Asks For Tips
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car