UPDATE: We’ve heard from Rabbi David Baum of Congregation Shaarei Kodesh who informs us that the incident occurred roughly half an hour prior to the incident in Pittsburgh.
UPDATE: PBSO tells us that a suspect was apprehended and provided with mental health support.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is investigating reports of a man yelling “Heil Hitler” at Congregation Shaarei Kodesh in Boca Raton.
The incident allegedly happened Sunday Morning. The man was confronted by armed security. PBSO reportedly arrived moments later.
BocaNewsNow.com obtained this email sent to the congregation:
“We also want to make you aware of an incident that occurred yesterday morning at Congregation Shaarei Kodesh. A man stopped his car, got out, and screamed, “Heil Hitler” while making a Nazi salute aimed at one of our families, a couple with three children as they walked into the synagogue. Our armed security officer immediately took action by confronting the man who then got in his car and sped away. Our security officer took a picture of the man and his license plate, and then called the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. They arrived within minutes to guard our synagogue and prepare a police report.”
We are awaiting the official police report from PBSO.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Charges Filed Against Parkland Pediatrician Mizrachy
- POLICE: Woman Abandons Three Children Across Palm Beach County
- BREAKING: Florida Teachers Now Eligible For COVID-19 Vaccine
- Hyundai Sued: Palm Beach County Man Says Genesis Is A Dud
- COVID Shot Now Available To Vulnerable Floridians Under 65
- Boca’s Courtney Isgette Arrested On DUI Charge
- Another Boynton Resident Killed In Crash
- Boynton Beach Resident Matthew Guntle Killed In Crash
- Ferrari Sues, Wants Its $400k Car Back From Palm Beach County Man