BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: JWF) — Jewish Women’s Foundation of the Greater Palm Beaches (JWF), has announced that the organization is now accepting applications for its 2019 Class of Young Leaders Society (YLS). Only 20 women are accepted into this group each year. The deadline to submit applications is Jan. 20, 2019.
“YLS provides a wonderful opportunity for young women to come together and cause change in the community, utilize and enhance their leadership skills, and work with other women with similar values,” said JWF Acting Executive Director Jennifer Kryshka. “We are pleased to accept applications for this unique and fulfilling program.”
YLS is open to women ages 25–40 who live or work in Palm Beach County and support JWF’s mission to empower women and girls through social change philanthropy and advocacy, and who wish to develop leadership skills, impact their community, and be part of a network of like-minded young women. In addition to monthly educational and skill building sessions, participants come together to support the local community through a special giving circle, and are invited to trustee education events.
YLS meets monthly January–December; participants are expected to attend all program activities. The last three sessions are the giving circle component of the program, which provides an opportunity to learn about organizations in the local community and strategic grant-making with a gender lens. Each member contributes a minimum of $250, which is pooled together for one local organization grant. YLS members research potential funding opportunities and collectively decide how to use their funds. JWF supports many causes, including those outside the Jewish community, and in 2018 currently offers grants to more than 20 organizations.
The YLS schedule can be viewed here: www.jwfpalmbeach.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/2019-Young-Leaders-Society-Schedule.pdf. All sessions will be held at the JWF office, located at 500 S. Australian Ave., Fifth Floor, West Palm Beach, except when otherwise stated. YLS members are also invited to participate in JWF programs and events, and attend Trustee Luncheon Meetings.
The application and more information about YLS is located at www.jwfpalmbeach.org/young-leaders-society.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS CLEANING CRISIS: Principal Tells Teachers To “Make Solution Of Soap And Water”
- No Wipes For First Graders: We Obtain Principal Email About Palm Beach School Cleaning
- Palm Beach School Board Member Calls Reopening Plan “Wrong,” Is Praying
- Palm Beach Schools: Wipes Shortage, Mask Shortages, Teachers Scared For Monday
- TEACHERS: Palm Beach County Parents Don’t Understand Where They’re Sending Kids
- Boynton Beach Woman Jailed, Tried To Smuggle Drugs Into Jail
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins