DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Delray Beach Police Dept.) — Target will be the hosts for the third annual Heroes & Helpers, a Delray Citizens for Delray Police Kids-n-Cops event that will pair 130 needy Delray Beach children with employees from the Delray Beach Police Department and Delray Beach Fire Rescue as the kids do some holiday shopping. Generous donations from the Virginia and Harvey Kimmel foundation, Delray Lacrosse, Kids-N-Cops, Delray Citizens for Delray Police and Target will ensure that each child receives $100 to spend on gifts for their relatives and themselves.
Participants will take pictures with Bullseye, the Target mascot, and Santa Claus, who will arrive on a DBFR truck. After their shopping spree, the children will have snacks and make holiday crafts with their buddies while volunteers wrap their gifts. Each family will receive a turkey dinner to take home. The Kids-n-Cops program invited children based on recommendations from schools and social workers.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach