DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Delray Beach Police Dept.) — Target will be the hosts for the third annual Heroes & Helpers, a Delray Citizens for Delray Police Kids-n-Cops event that will pair 130 needy Delray Beach children with employees from the Delray Beach Police Department and Delray Beach Fire Rescue as the kids do some holiday shopping. Generous donations from the Virginia and Harvey Kimmel foundation, Delray Lacrosse, Kids-N-Cops, Delray Citizens for Delray Police and Target will ensure that each child receives $100 to spend on gifts for their relatives and themselves.
Participants will take pictures with Bullseye, the Target mascot, and Santa Claus, who will arrive on a DBFR truck. After their shopping spree, the children will have snacks and make holiday crafts with their buddies while volunteers wrap their gifts. Each family will receive a turkey dinner to take home. The Kids-n-Cops program invited children based on recommendations from schools and social workers.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Police: Man Slams Car Into Pedestrian, Drags Him To Death
- FLORIDA COVID: Big Jump In New Infections, But It’s Not All Bad News
- Will COVID Shot Be Mandatory For Palm Beach County School Students?
- Strangulation Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- University of Miami Fined $22M For False Billing
- Masks Not On Next Palm Beach County School Board Agenda
- CLAIM: Boca Raton Investment Firm Defrauded Seniors, Took 4.2M In PPP Funds
- POLO CLUB BOCA: Palm Beach County Alleges Building Permit Fraud
- POLICE: Woman Sold Cocaine Near Delray Beach School