PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Inmate Rodney Thomas, currently serving time for burglary and assault, claims he was sent to solitary confinement after witnessing guards assault an inmate.
Thomas alleges in his suit that PBSO Guards have an “unwritten policy” of taking “punitive action” against inmates who witness guards assaulting other inmates. Thomas claims that he witnessed a “Deputy Nash” repeatedly punch and kick an inmate — then concoct a story with other guards to cover up the assault.
We encourage you to read Thomas’ extremely well-written brief here. And without commenting on the merits, consider what it takes for a man behind bars to write a document like this — by hand — and have it filed by the clerk of courts. There a lot of lawyers who read BocaNewsNow.com. Pro Bono case, anyone?
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach