PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Inmate Rodney Thomas, currently serving time for burglary and assault, claims he was sent to solitary confinement after witnessing guards assault an inmate.
Thomas alleges in his suit that PBSO Guards have an “unwritten policy” of taking “punitive action” against inmates who witness guards assaulting other inmates. Thomas claims that he witnessed a “Deputy Nash” repeatedly punch and kick an inmate — then concoct a story with other guards to cover up the assault.
We encourage you to read Thomas’ extremely well-written brief here. And without commenting on the merits, consider what it takes for a man behind bars to write a document like this — by hand — and have it filed by the clerk of courts. There a lot of lawyers who read BocaNewsNow.com. Pro Bono case, anyone?
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks
- Settlement Talks Underway In $7M Suit Against Seven Bridges Delray HOA
- These Stations Do Not Have Gas In Delray Beach, Boca Raton
- Bruised Man Arrested on Drug, Battery Charges At Delray Beach Food Hall
- Walk-Up Pfizer COVID Shots Available To 12-15 Age Group In Palm Beach County