PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Inmate Rodney Thomas, currently serving time for burglary and assault, claims he was sent to solitary confinement after witnessing guards assault an inmate.
Thomas alleges in his suit that PBSO Guards have an “unwritten policy” of taking “punitive action” against inmates who witness guards assaulting other inmates. Thomas claims that he witnessed a “Deputy Nash” repeatedly punch and kick an inmate — then concoct a story with other guards to cover up the assault.
We encourage you to read Thomas’ extremely well-written brief here. And without commenting on the merits, consider what it takes for a man behind bars to write a document like this — by hand — and have it filed by the clerk of courts. There a lot of lawyers who read BocaNewsNow.com. Pro Bono case, anyone?
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care
- Alleged Boca Meth House Raided
- Face Of Historic Philadelphia-Area Tavern Arrested In Delray Beach
- Lynn University To Hold Virtual Graduation, But FAU In Person This Spring