PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Inmate Rodney Thomas, currently serving time for burglary and assault, claims he was sent to solitary confinement after witnessing guards assault an inmate.
Thomas alleges in his suit that PBSO Guards have an “unwritten policy” of taking “punitive action” against inmates who witness guards assaulting other inmates. Thomas claims that he witnessed a “Deputy Nash” repeatedly punch and kick an inmate — then concoct a story with other guards to cover up the assault.
We encourage you to read Thomas’ extremely well-written brief here. And without commenting on the merits, consider what it takes for a man behind bars to write a document like this — by hand — and have it filed by the clerk of courts. There a lot of lawyers who read BocaNewsNow.com. Pro Bono case, anyone?
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive