PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Inmate Rodney Thomas, currently serving time for burglary and assault, claims he was sent to solitary confinement after witnessing guards assault an inmate.
Thomas alleges in his suit that PBSO Guards have an “unwritten policy” of taking “punitive action” against inmates who witness guards assaulting other inmates. Thomas claims that he witnessed a “Deputy Nash” repeatedly punch and kick an inmate — then concoct a story with other guards to cover up the assault.
We encourage you to read Thomas’ extremely well-written brief here. And without commenting on the merits, consider what it takes for a man behind bars to write a document like this — by hand — and have it filed by the clerk of courts. There a lot of lawyers who read BocaNewsNow.com. Pro Bono case, anyone?
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record