BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We spend a lot of time reporting on the bad, the incompetent and the absurd. But once in a while, a company displays such great customer service that it deserves a mention.
Today, that company is AT&T. Yes, AT&T.
The idiot landscapers who service the community that serves as a home office for BocaNewsNow.com decided it would be fun to dig without calling in “locates,” the act (required, we should add) of having an area flagged so workers don’t accidentally knock out fiber optics, gas or electric lines. Sure enough, the idiot landscapers serving our area — using nothing more than a shovel — severed a fiber optic line. The response from the worker when asked if it was possible that he had just severed an AT&T utility line?
“Uh, well, uh, yeah. I told my boss.”
When asked where the other end of the cable was located that he severed?
“Uh, somewhere under the bush I just planted.”
What followed was a potentially frustrating yet oddly satisfiying series of contacts with AT&T call center workers in India. Yes, India. Expecting the worst, the AT&T call center reps immediately scheduled an appointment for noon the following day, but efforted to get someone out for an emergency fix. Incredibly, a uniformed AT&T tech was on the scene within two hours, splicing and dicing to get the fiber optic line reconnected. At 10 AM the following day, another tech called to ask if he could come a few hours earlier than scheduled.
Yes, earlier than expected.
While AT&T made it clear that the company will fine the landscapers for not calling in locates (which we support and hope the fine is significant), we have to say “way to go” to AT&T. When as the last time Comcast showed up two hours after a service request is made? When is the last time your Comcast tech was well groomed, well dressed, and just plain friendly, let alone knowledgeable and seemingly thrilled to undertake the challenge at hand?
AT&T, thank you. To our readers, if you are considering new internet service, we highly reccomend AT&T’s crazy-ultra-fast fiber optic UVerse service.
While customer service results certainly may vary, our experience was fantastic.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID
- VERY BAD: COVID Positivity Jumps In Palm Beach County, Deaths, Infections Up Statewide
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster