BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Three people died early Saturday morning in a wrong-way crash on the exit ramp to I-95 onto Palmetto Park Road. The identities of those killed have not yet been released.
From Florida Highway Patrol:
“Three occupants were pronounced deceased as a result of this traffic crash. Vehicle 1 (a Kia Optima) was traveling the wrong direction, northbound on the southbound exit ramp of Interstate 95 for Palmetto Park Road. Vehicle 2 (Hyundai Sonata) was traveling southbound on the southbound exit ramp to Interstate 95 for Palmetto Park Road. Subsequently, the front of Vehicle 1 structure front of Vehicle 2 on the exit ramp. Vehicle 1 rotated clockwise approximately 90 degrees and came to final ret on the sit ramp facing east. Vehicle 2 caught fire and rotated counterclockwise approximately 90 degrees and came to final rest on the exit ramp facing east. The driver and passenger of Vehicle 1 were pronounced deceased on the scene by Boca Raton Fire Rescue personnel. Vehicle 2 became engulfed with fire and the driver of vehicle 2 was pronounced deceased on scene by Boca Raton Fire Rescue personnel upon extinguishing the fire. The cause of crash remains under investigation.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Football, Lacrosse Students Quarantined At Boca Raton Community High School
- Man Charged With Intent To Sell Nearly 2 Pounds Of Pot Near Boca Raton High School
- CVS OPENS COVID-19 SHOT APPOINTMENTS
- Military Vet, In Fatigues, Threatens Attack In Boca Raton
- No Publix COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments Today
- IRONY: DeSantis Orders Flag Lowered For Limbaugh At Courthouse Where He Faced Drug Charge
- WHO IS SHE? Woman Wanted For Check Fraud At Boca Raton Banks
- PBSO Identifies I-95 Shooting Victim
- DeSantis Says CVS Now Offering Shots, But Just One In Palm Beach County