BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Investigators have released the names of the three people killed in a horrific crash early Saturday morning on the I-95 off-ramp to Palmetto Park Road.
Those killed are Chris Alfeo, 35, of Boynton Beach; Amber Reif, 25; and Brenda Walker, 57, of Fort Lauderdale.
Police say Alfeo drove the wrong way on the exit ramp, crashing into Walker who was exiting.
Here is the official statement from Florida Highway Patrol:
“Three occupants were pronounced deceased as a result of this traffic crash. Vehicle 1 (a Kia Optima driven by Alfeo) was traveling the wrong direction, northbound on the southbound exit ramp of Interstate 95 for Palmetto Park Road. Vehicle 2 (Hyundai Sonata driven by Walker) was traveling southbound on the southbound exit ramp to Interstate 95 for Palmetto Park Road. Subsequently, the front of Vehicle 1 structure front of Vehicle 2 on the exit ramp. Vehicle 1 rotated clockwise approximately 90 degrees and came to final ret on the sit ramp facing east. Vehicle 2 caught fire and rotated counterclockwise approximately 90 degrees and came to final rest on the exit ramp facing east. The driver and passenger of Vehicle 1 were pronounced deceased on the scene by Boca Raton Fire Rescue personnel. Vehicle 2 became engulfed with fire and the driver of vehicle 2 was pronounced deceased on scene by Boca Raton Fire Rescue personnel upon extinguishing the fire. The cause of crash remains under investigation.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wave Watching Continues, Another Expected To Form
- Delray Beach Father And Son Charged In Boynton Shooting, Witness Threat