BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Investigators have released the names of the three people killed in a horrific crash early Saturday morning on the I-95 off-ramp to Palmetto Park Road.
Those killed are Chris Alfeo, 35, of Boynton Beach; Amber Reif, 25; and Brenda Walker, 57, of Fort Lauderdale.
Police say Alfeo drove the wrong way on the exit ramp, crashing into Walker who was exiting.
Here is the official statement from Florida Highway Patrol:
“Three occupants were pronounced deceased as a result of this traffic crash. Vehicle 1 (a Kia Optima driven by Alfeo) was traveling the wrong direction, northbound on the southbound exit ramp of Interstate 95 for Palmetto Park Road. Vehicle 2 (Hyundai Sonata driven by Walker) was traveling southbound on the southbound exit ramp to Interstate 95 for Palmetto Park Road. Subsequently, the front of Vehicle 1 structure front of Vehicle 2 on the exit ramp. Vehicle 1 rotated clockwise approximately 90 degrees and came to final ret on the sit ramp facing east. Vehicle 2 caught fire and rotated counterclockwise approximately 90 degrees and came to final rest on the exit ramp facing east. The driver and passenger of Vehicle 1 were pronounced deceased on the scene by Boca Raton Fire Rescue personnel. Vehicle 2 became engulfed with fire and the driver of vehicle 2 was pronounced deceased on scene by Boca Raton Fire Rescue personnel upon extinguishing the fire. The cause of crash remains under investigation.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: Parents MUST Choose Distance or In-Person Within Days For PBC Schools
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Heavy Rain For Days, Flood Watch Through Sunday
- TRAFFIC: Palm Beach County Projects Slow The Go, See Them All Here
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections