FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Roughly three years after announcing its ‘reserved parking’ program, the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport isn’t responding to one simple question: “where is it?”
The ability for passengers to reserve parking in advance by using an app was heavily promoted when it was announced. But years later, it still hasn’t become a reality, despite signage at the airport and even a placeholder on the official airport website.
Fort Lauderdale Airport spokesperson Greg Meyer didn’t respond to a request for information from BocaNewsNow.com. There have been no public statements regarding the issue from airport CEO Mark Gale who joined Fort Lauderdale from Philadelphia International Airport which he ran for several years. In union-controlled Philly, it’s easy to blame organized labor when something doesn’t happen as expected.
In Broward County, issues tend to be management-related.
The airport’s yearly holiday press release states that more than 100k travelers will move through FLL daily during the two week holiday period, and promote technology items like the use of SunPass to pay for parking and frequently but not always functional “green and red light” parking system that displays a space’s availability with a red or green light.
But if you’re hoping to reserve a space online, good luck. It’s not happening yet. Maybe next year. Or the year after. Or the year after that.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Schools: If Students Lie About Address To Play Sports, They’ll Be Banned
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 90-Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida Within Days
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Violating Protective Order, Allegedly Pulled Girl From Market
- Do You Think You Were Scammed By Delray Beach’s MV Realty?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy Again, Tropical Depression Forming West Of Florida
- Boynton Beach Man Hits, Kills Man In Wheelchair, According To Police
- South Florida Renters Need More Than $100K Salary Says New FAU Report
- Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Now Watched West, East Of Florida