FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Roughly three years after announcing its ‘reserved parking’ program, the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport isn’t responding to one simple question: “where is it?”
The ability for passengers to reserve parking in advance by using an app was heavily promoted when it was announced. But years later, it still hasn’t become a reality, despite signage at the airport and even a placeholder on the official airport website.
Fort Lauderdale Airport spokesperson Greg Meyer didn’t respond to a request for information from BocaNewsNow.com. There have been no public statements regarding the issue from airport CEO Mark Gale who joined Fort Lauderdale from Philadelphia International Airport which he ran for several years. In union-controlled Philly, it’s easy to blame organized labor when something doesn’t happen as expected.
In Broward County, issues tend to be management-related.
The airport’s yearly holiday press release states that more than 100k travelers will move through FLL daily during the two week holiday period, and promote technology items like the use of SunPass to pay for parking and frequently but not always functional “green and red light” parking system that displays a space’s availability with a red or green light.
But if you’re hoping to reserve a space online, good luck. It’s not happening yet. Maybe next year. Or the year after. Or the year after that.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools