FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Roughly three years after announcing its ‘reserved parking’ program, the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport isn’t responding to one simple question: “where is it?”
The ability for passengers to reserve parking in advance by using an app was heavily promoted when it was announced. But years later, it still hasn’t become a reality, despite signage at the airport and even a placeholder on the official airport website.
Fort Lauderdale Airport spokesperson Greg Meyer didn’t respond to a request for information from BocaNewsNow.com. There have been no public statements regarding the issue from airport CEO Mark Gale who joined Fort Lauderdale from Philadelphia International Airport which he ran for several years. In union-controlled Philly, it’s easy to blame organized labor when something doesn’t happen as expected.
In Broward County, issues tend to be management-related.
The airport’s yearly holiday press release states that more than 100k travelers will move through FLL daily during the two week holiday period, and promote technology items like the use of SunPass to pay for parking and frequently but not always functional “green and red light” parking system that displays a space’s availability with a red or green light.
But if you’re hoping to reserve a space online, good luck. It’s not happening yet. Maybe next year. Or the year after. Or the year after that.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks
- Settlement Talks Underway In $7M Suit Against Seven Bridges Delray HOA
- These Stations Do Not Have Gas In Delray Beach, Boca Raton
- Bruised Man Arrested on Drug, Battery Charges At Delray Beach Food Hall
- Walk-Up Pfizer COVID Shots Available To 12-15 Age Group In Palm Beach County