BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Another day, another story about Facebook selling or releasing private data to companies or other countries. In one of the latest revelations, Facebook is accused of providing your private messages to both Netflix and Spotify. Facebook is becoming the online equivalent of a bad neighborhood. You need to lock your doors and keep your valuables out of sight.
So we ask: why are area police departments, especially those in South Palm Beach County, still using Facebook? Isn’t that like a police department going into business with a drug dealer? A burglar? An arsonist? It’s one thing to use a criminal to catch a bigger criminal, but it seems that our area law enforcement — which serves and protects — can do better than aiding and abetting a company that clearly has no interest in serving or protecting anything other than itself.
We call on area PDs to do better. Update your websites. Create apps that can transmit the information you are now putting on Facebook.
But stop encouraging the citizens you protect to set themselves up to be victimized as they attempt to engage in what you are doing.
Police are supposed to help victims. Not create them.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance
- FATAL CRASH BOCA: David Hernandez, 21, Killed, Driver Allegedly Drunk
- KIDS HOSPITALIZED FLORIDA: CDC Report Reveals Children Hospitalized With COVID
- CDC Predicts 40,867 COVID Deaths In Florida In Four Weeks
- Seven Bridges HOA Sued Again: Defamation Claim By Caterer
- FLORIDA HOSPITALS IN CRISIS, 10K COVID PATIENTS USING BEDS