BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Another day, another story about Facebook selling or releasing private data to companies or other countries. In one of the latest revelations, Facebook is accused of providing your private messages to both Netflix and Spotify. Facebook is becoming the online equivalent of a bad neighborhood. You need to lock your doors and keep your valuables out of sight.
So we ask: why are area police departments, especially those in South Palm Beach County, still using Facebook? Isn’t that like a police department going into business with a drug dealer? A burglar? An arsonist? It’s one thing to use a criminal to catch a bigger criminal, but it seems that our area law enforcement — which serves and protects — can do better than aiding and abetting a company that clearly has no interest in serving or protecting anything other than itself.
We call on area PDs to do better. Update your websites. Create apps that can transmit the information you are now putting on Facebook.
But stop encouraging the citizens you protect to set themselves up to be victimized as they attempt to engage in what you are doing.
Police are supposed to help victims. Not create them.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed
- FOURTEEN STUDENTS DEAD IN TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE TEACHER
- Memorial Day Ceremony Set For South Florida National Cemetery