BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Another day, another story about Facebook selling or releasing private data to companies or other countries. In one of the latest revelations, Facebook is accused of providing your private messages to both Netflix and Spotify. Facebook is becoming the online equivalent of a bad neighborhood. You need to lock your doors and keep your valuables out of sight.
So we ask: why are area police departments, especially those in South Palm Beach County, still using Facebook? Isn’t that like a police department going into business with a drug dealer? A burglar? An arsonist? It’s one thing to use a criminal to catch a bigger criminal, but it seems that our area law enforcement — which serves and protects — can do better than aiding and abetting a company that clearly has no interest in serving or protecting anything other than itself.
We call on area PDs to do better. Update your websites. Create apps that can transmit the information you are now putting on Facebook.
But stop encouraging the citizens you protect to set themselves up to be victimized as they attempt to engage in what you are doing.
Police are supposed to help victims. Not create them.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home
- Boca Raton Police Charge Real Estate Agent With Harming Child