DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Delray Beach Police Media Advisory) — A pedestrian badly injured Saturday night when she was hit by a jeep has died of her injuries. Delray Beach Police Department traffic homicide investigators said that Dara Treechatinant, 41, of Palm Springs was walking on a sidewalk on Southwest 29 Street when she was hit by a Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by James Avirett, 37, of Delray Beach.
Delray Beach Fire Rescue responded and transported her to Delray Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on Tuesday.
Around 8:25 p.m. on Saturday, Avirett was southbound on Congress Avenue when he sideswiped a police car and then fled. While turning on Southwest 29 Street, he hit a second vehicle before hitting Treechatinant and then a pole. Avirett was arrested and charged with leaving the scene of a crash and driving with a suspended license. The investigation into the crash that killed Treechatinant is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this crash is urged to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Ron Brown at (561) 243-2918.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday