DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Delray Beach Police Media Advisory) — A pedestrian badly injured Saturday night when she was hit by a jeep has died of her injuries. Delray Beach Police Department traffic homicide investigators said that Dara Treechatinant, 41, of Palm Springs was walking on a sidewalk on Southwest 29 Street when she was hit by a Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by James Avirett, 37, of Delray Beach.
Delray Beach Fire Rescue responded and transported her to Delray Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on Tuesday.
Around 8:25 p.m. on Saturday, Avirett was southbound on Congress Avenue when he sideswiped a police car and then fled. While turning on Southwest 29 Street, he hit a second vehicle before hitting Treechatinant and then a pole. Avirett was arrested and charged with leaving the scene of a crash and driving with a suspended license. The investigation into the crash that killed Treechatinant is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this crash is urged to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Ron Brown at (561) 243-2918.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pfizer COVID-19 Appointments Available In Palm Beach County
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge