BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As 2018 comes to an end, so does our practice of automatically posting our articles to Facebook. We will be shutting down our Facebook presence in the next few days.
Facebook, in our view, has become the bad neighborhood of the Internet, where personal information is sold, “members” using fake identification post inflamatory comments just to be inflammatory, and — quite frankly — people with nothing better to do all day spend their days posting pictures of themselves, food, and themselves eating food.
There is nothing sadder about the state of human affairs than yoga-pants-wearing-moms complaining on Facebook that the nanny didn’t show up on time so their lunch at the clubhouse — or massage at ‘the club’ — has to be rescheduled. There are few things more absurd than a bunch of grownups using Facebook to complain, day in and day out, about their HOAs as they sit in their million dollar homes.
Our headlines will continue to auto-post on Twitter (@BocaNews1) and our website isn’t going anywhere (BocaNewsNow.com, for those who may have thought we’re just a Facebook page). We may reactivate the ability to post comments on the website — comments subject to moderation. We will add a “share to Facebook” link to the bottom of our stories — leaving the posting to you, not us.
For the thousands of readers who read our news on Facebook, we simultaneously apologize while hope that you too will consider your own use of Facebook. You deserve better than a social media platform that is trading in your personal information while leading you to believe that anyone truly cares about what you’re wearing to a party.
For BocaNewsNow.com, the Facebook party is over. Bookmark us, subscribe to our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter, and please continue to send us your great tips to news (at) bocanewsnow.com — even if that tip originates on Facebook.
Happy New Year to all of our readers. We thank you for supporting BocaNewsNow.com. Big stories are en route in 2019.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High