BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is warning the public about a “Go Fund Me” page set up in the name of Cigo, the police dog killed late last year in gunfire in Wellington.
“PBOS does not support this GoFundMe campaign,” emailed the agency late Thursday afternoon after someone by the name of “Carina Graham” emailed media, promoting an effort to raise money in the name of the deceased police dog.
It is unclear whether an investigation is underway into the campaign, but the message is clear: don’t spend your money supporting something that the police do not.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCHOOL DISTRICT: Students Will Be Behind Plexiglass Barriers
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL SITUATION BAD: Latest HHS Numbers Scary
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…