BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is warning the public about a “Go Fund Me” page set up in the name of Cigo, the police dog killed late last year in gunfire in Wellington.
“PBOS does not support this GoFundMe campaign,” emailed the agency late Thursday afternoon after someone by the name of “Carina Graham” emailed media, promoting an effort to raise money in the name of the deceased police dog.
It is unclear whether an investigation is underway into the campaign, but the message is clear: don’t spend your money supporting something that the police do not.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Toilet Talk! This Guy Wants Everyone To Hear What He’s Saying In Airport Lounge
- Arrest Made In North Broward Movie Theater Beating
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Drug, Weapon Charges
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two Tropical Storms East Of Florida, Another Wave Developing
- Major Police Activity In West Boca Raton’s Lotus Community
- Stonebridge Country Club Boca Raton Initiates Foreclosure Over $2100
- Major Broward County Crash Backing Up I-95 Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Kings Point Delray Beach Sued After Shooting
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy, Getting Busier, Two Systems East Of Florida