BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is warning the public about a “Go Fund Me” page set up in the name of Cigo, the police dog killed late last year in gunfire in Wellington.
“PBOS does not support this GoFundMe campaign,” emailed the agency late Thursday afternoon after someone by the name of “Carina Graham” emailed media, promoting an effort to raise money in the name of the deceased police dog.
It is unclear whether an investigation is underway into the campaign, but the message is clear: don’t spend your money supporting something that the police do not.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fatal Crash In Gleneagles Country Club, Pedestrian Struck In Front Of Home
- Child Neglect, Hit and Run Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Reminder: Masks Still Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- Biergarten Boca Raton Sued, Drunk Dancer Falls On Woman
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Florida’s Turnpike To Close
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside
- LOWEST IN A YEAR: Local COVID Hospitalizations Plummet
- No Mask Required In Publix If You Are Vaccinated
- Enhanced DUI Charge For Boca Man, Open Corona In Car When Stopped