DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Delray Beach PD Media Advisory) — Just after sunrise on Jan. 7, Delray Beach Police received a 911 call reporting someone lying on the pavement outside of a business in the 200 block of Southeast 2nd Avenue.
Delray Beach Police officers and detectives responded, finding the deceased body of 62-year-old William Cleckler. Aside from a few beer cans around the body, detectives saw no sign of anything suspicious. There was no evidence of a fight, any drug paraphernalia or any physical trauma, but what wasn’t visible to the naked eye became apparent later that day during an autopsy. As she studied the body, an assistant medical examiner from the Palm Beach County Medical Examiner’s Office saw signs of a possible homicide. Cleckler’s injuries appeared to be caused by strangulation from a choke hold.
Detectives reviewed surveillance video from nearby cameras at the scene. While they didn’t record any foul play, they did capture a man in a black hooded sweatshirt with flowers on the lapel walking around near Cleckler throughout the night. On the morning of January 10, officers found that man, Domingue Olman, 24, near the scene of the crime. The black hoodie with the flowers hung on a fence post nearby.
Olman later told detectives that he knew Cleckler, whom he had bought a beer and hung out with the night before Cleckler was found dead. Olman later said that he killed Cleckler by placing him in a choke hold. Both the suspect and the victim were homeless. Olman is facing a charge of second-degree murder.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified
- I-95 To Close In Delray Beach This Week, Here’s What You Need To Know
- KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- UPDATE: Man Found Shot On Glades Road In Boca Raton Is Broward Resident
- Popular Atlantic Avenue Delray Beach Restaurant Cited By Health Inspector