BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Note to alleged car thieves: you’re going to get caught.
That message was apparently not received by Boca (or Mississippi’s) Andrew Bailey, who is facing a grand theft auto charge from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office after he apparently couldn’t come up with a believable story when a deputy stopped him for driving a stolen car.
Read the complete police report by downloading it, below, but here’s the Cliff’s Notes version:
Bailey was stopped on Powerline near Palmetto Park Road. Bailey was told his car had been reported stolen. Bailey, according to the report, acknowledged that it wasn’t his car but was in fact his sister’s. Police called his sister who sold him out, saying it wasn’t her car and that in fact Bailey arrived in Florida, from Mississippi, with the vehicle. Get this: the sister said she gave him money to buy.
Bailey provided another story or two but the Deputy didn’t like any of them. He arrested Andrew Bailey and charged him with driving a stolen vehicle with a stolen tag.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed