BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Note to alleged car thieves: you’re going to get caught.
That message was apparently not received by Boca (or Mississippi’s) Andrew Bailey, who is facing a grand theft auto charge from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office after he apparently couldn’t come up with a believable story when a deputy stopped him for driving a stolen car.
Read the complete police report by downloading it, below, but here’s the Cliff’s Notes version:
Bailey was stopped on Powerline near Palmetto Park Road. Bailey was told his car had been reported stolen. Bailey, according to the report, acknowledged that it wasn’t his car but was in fact his sister’s. Police called his sister who sold him out, saying it wasn’t her car and that in fact Bailey arrived in Florida, from Mississippi, with the vehicle. Get this: the sister said she gave him money to buy.
Bailey provided another story or two but the Deputy didn’t like any of them. He arrested Andrew Bailey and charged him with driving a stolen vehicle with a stolen tag.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Rina And Philippe Remain East Of Florida, New Wave May Form
- Toilet Talk! This Guy Wants Everyone To Hear What He’s Saying In Airport Lounge
- Arrest Made In North Broward Movie Theater Beating
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Drug, Weapon Charges
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two Tropical Storms East Of Florida, Another Wave Developing
- Major Police Activity In West Boca Raton’s Lotus Community
- Stonebridge Country Club Boca Raton Initiates Foreclosure Over $2100
- Major Broward County Crash Backing Up I-95 Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Kings Point Delray Beach Sued After Shooting