BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A South Florida man was critically injured by an exploding “vape pen battery” purchased at a Boca Raton Vaping store. That’s the claim made in a new lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
According to the suit, Robert Cazenave purchased a vape pen battery manufactured by GTek Solutions, LLC, a now-defunct south Florida company. That battery was allegedly sold by “Boca Glades Market, LLC,” which operates under the names “Vapes and More III” and “BocaVapes, INC” in Boca Raton.
From the suit:
“On or about June 16, 2016, plaintiff Robert Cazenave purchased a Vape Pen battery (model number 18650) “hereinafter referred to as the battery” from Defendant, GTEK SOLUTIONS, LLC. On or about June 17, 2016, shortly after its purchase, plaintiff placed the battery in one of his pants pockets and shortly thereafter it exploded and caught his pants on fire.”
The suit adds:
“Defendant Boca Glades defectively designed, manufactured, tested, distributed and/or sold the Vape Pen battery in a defective condition, dangerous to its ultimate user.”
The suit states that Cazenave sustained damages including disability and disfigurement.
The suit seeks in excess of the $15,000 statutory minimum for circuit court.
Read the complete lawsuit here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop