BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A South Florida man was critically injured by an exploding “vape pen battery” purchased at a Boca Raton Vaping store. That’s the claim made in a new lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
According to the suit, Robert Cazenave purchased a vape pen battery manufactured by GTek Solutions, LLC, a now-defunct south Florida company. That battery was allegedly sold by “Boca Glades Market, LLC,” which operates under the names “Vapes and More III” and “BocaVapes, INC” in Boca Raton.
From the suit:
“On or about June 16, 2016, plaintiff Robert Cazenave purchased a Vape Pen battery (model number 18650) “hereinafter referred to as the battery” from Defendant, GTEK SOLUTIONS, LLC. On or about June 17, 2016, shortly after its purchase, plaintiff placed the battery in one of his pants pockets and shortly thereafter it exploded and caught his pants on fire.”
The suit adds:
“Defendant Boca Glades defectively designed, manufactured, tested, distributed and/or sold the Vape Pen battery in a defective condition, dangerous to its ultimate user.”
The suit states that Cazenave sustained damages including disability and disfigurement.
The suit seeks in excess of the $15,000 statutory minimum for circuit court.
Read the complete lawsuit here.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Expect New Tropical Storm To Form Today
- OMNI MIDDLE BOCA: Overflow Rooms In Use, Shortage Of Supplies Already
- FLORIDA COVID: State Passes 13,000 Deaths, Infections Rising Again
- Palm Beach Schools: Constant Hand Washing, Masking, When Is Learning Time?
- Serious DUI Charge For Andrea Kruse of West Boca Raton
- Police Jail Delray Beach Man On Battery, Resisting Charges
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Stalking, Intimidation
- Boca Raton Area School Principals Being Praised For Early COVID Plans