BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A South Florida man was critically injured by an exploding “vape pen battery” purchased at a Boca Raton Vaping store. That’s the claim made in a new lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.
According to the suit, Robert Cazenave purchased a vape pen battery manufactured by GTek Solutions, LLC, a now-defunct south Florida company. That battery was allegedly sold by “Boca Glades Market, LLC,” which operates under the names “Vapes and More III” and “BocaVapes, INC” in Boca Raton.
From the suit:
“On or about June 16, 2016, plaintiff Robert Cazenave purchased a Vape Pen battery (model number 18650) “hereinafter referred to as the battery” from Defendant, GTEK SOLUTIONS, LLC. On or about June 17, 2016, shortly after its purchase, plaintiff placed the battery in one of his pants pockets and shortly thereafter it exploded and caught his pants on fire.”
The suit adds:
“Defendant Boca Glades defectively designed, manufactured, tested, distributed and/or sold the Vape Pen battery in a defective condition, dangerous to its ultimate user.”
The suit states that Cazenave sustained damages including disability and disfigurement.
The suit seeks in excess of the $15,000 statutory minimum for circuit court.
Read the complete lawsuit here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT: Parking Situation So Bad, Drivers Told To Use Ride Share
- ARMED ROBBERY ON YAMATO ROAD IN BOCA RATON
- POLICE REMIND: If Fireworks Banned In Your HOA, They Are Still Banned On July 4th
- Palm Beach County Woman To Federal Prison For Sober Home Scheme
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Disturbances Still Being Watched, Florida Okay For Now