BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you want to know why malls are dying, we suggest that you need to look no further than Boca Raton’s Town Center Mall — a mall owned by Simon Property Group (NYSE:SPG). A recent visit to the mall revealed why it seems so many shoppers are opting to purchase items online — they don’t have to deal with self-entitled Boca shoppers who truly believe that anyone else wants to be in an indoor environment with their smelly, excrement-producing dogs.
In the span of just 20 minutes on a recent evening, BocaNewsNow.com observed at least ten shoppers with dogs — some of them are seen here. Large dogs. Small dogs. Dogs that apparently suffer from some sort of a disability and need to be pushed in a stroller (perhaps by owners who truly believe their dog is a child). All the dogs we saw were being escorted by grownups who are apparently so delusional that they believe a visit to stores like UnTucked, Vineyard Vines and even Saks just can’t take place without a dog.
Simon’s policy is ambiguous, at best. There is no specific rule— at the time of this writing — on Simon’s website. Also absent: a local media relations representative. (There was one. Back in the days when malls mattered). But now, there’s apparently no one to justify the zoo-like atmosphere at what was once considered to be a nice place to shop.
But consider this: a recent trip to the Target in West Boca revealed a “no pets” sign on the door. Yes, it’s apparently okay to walk your dog in a place where you can buy a wool sweater, jewelry and cashmere pants (you know, it’s Boca), but not in the place where you go to buy KIND bars.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton
- Man Who Claims To Be Worth $27M Again Refuses To Pay Dinner Check
- Lyndsey Kennedy, Found In Delray Drain In March, Now Jailed
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical