BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — You just can’t make this stuff up. Boca Raton Police responded to a domestic dispute back in December where a wife claimed her husband was threatening her with a machete. While investigating, officers noted a strong smell of marijuana emanating from the house.
No arrests were made. At the time. But fast forward to now. Boca Raton Police have charged Bonnie Long and David Long of the 400 block of NE 25th Terrace with sale/manufacture of marijuana and owning a structure or conveyance for the manufacture of a controlled substance.
A key line from the spectacularly written affidavit of probable cause:
“When i asked Bonnie if there were any drugs or anything illegal inside the home she hesitated then replied “no.” When I explained that officers located marijuana growing inside she said she was unaware of it. I asked how she could possibly be inside the home and not notice the overpowering smell of marijuana to which she shrugged her shoulders as if to imply she didn’t know.”
Read the complete report by clicking download, below. The report incidentally, was written by Boca Raton Officer Tonya Gentilcore who we believe has a huge future in crime novel writing if the police officer thing doesn’t work out.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks
- Settlement Talks Underway In $7M Suit Against Seven Bridges Delray HOA
- These Stations Do Not Have Gas In Delray Beach, Boca Raton
- Bruised Man Arrested on Drug, Battery Charges At Delray Beach Food Hall
- Walk-Up Pfizer COVID Shots Available To 12-15 Age Group In Palm Beach County