BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com was fortuitously on location at the Publix near 441 and Clint Moore this afternoon when two — count’ em, two — shoppers arrived within minutes, both with dogs. The dogs started barking at each other which immediately drew stares and management.
To the credit of Publix, two managers immediately told the shoppers that they had to leave, saying “dogs are not permitted in our stores.”
BocaNewsNow.com, with the help of readers throughout South Palm Beach County, has been publishing photo after photo of dogs in stores — especially those where fresh food is sold. The problem seems to be especially bad in Publix, where arrogant shoppers — apparently believing they are more important than anyone else — walk their dogs through areas where produce and other fresh food is on display. We have received multiple reports of customers walking through urine and dog feces in area stores.
While it is unclear if Publix is stepping up enforcement, every little bit helps. Publix, thanks for reiterating that shopping should be a pleasure for people, not dogs.
Have a photo for us? Email news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Let us know which store, what date and time the photo was taken.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive