BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: FHP Advisory) — On 02/28/2019 at approximately 7:14 AM, Taishan Spicer, DOB 03/18/1987 was driving a 1997 Dodge pick-up truck southbound on State Road 9 in the vicinity of Palmetto Park Road in Palm Beach County. Joseph Brown, 03/22/1972, was driving his 2004 Toyota 4 door southbound on State Road 9, also in the vicinity of Palmetto Park Road in Palm Beach County. The two subjects became engaged in a road rage argument as they were driving on the highway. In the vicinity, if State Road 9 and State Road 814, in Broward County, Mr. Spicer attempted to elude Mr. Brown by driving down on the exit ramp for State Road 814. At the last minute, Mr. Spicer tried to re-enter State Road 9 by driving across the apex area of the exit ramp. However, he misjudged the distance and had to stop in the apex area. Mr. Brown drove up behind Mr. Spicer and stuck a handgun out the driver’s window and fired three round into the rear of Mr. Spicer’s pick-up truck. Two projectiles struck the tailgate, and one projectile struck the bumper of Mr. Spicer’s vehicle. Mr. Brown fled the scene. Mr. Spicer notified authorities and stayed at the scene.
After, Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies observed the suspect vehicle on State Road 811 south of State Road 814. Deputies conducted a traffic stop and detained Mr. Brown for investigation. Deputies also saw a semi-automatic handgun in the suspect’s vehicle. A “show-up” was conducted, and Mr. Spicer positively identified Mr. Brown as the shooter.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance
- FATAL CRASH BOCA: David Hernandez, 21, Killed, Driver Allegedly Drunk
- KIDS HOSPITALIZED FLORIDA: CDC Report Reveals Children Hospitalized With COVID
- CDC Predicts 40,867 COVID Deaths In Florida In Four Weeks
- Seven Bridges HOA Sued Again: Defamation Claim By Caterer
- FLORIDA HOSPITALS IN CRISIS, 10K COVID PATIENTS USING BEDS