BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: FHP Advisory) — On 02/28/2019 at approximately 7:14 AM, Taishan Spicer, DOB 03/18/1987 was driving a 1997 Dodge pick-up truck southbound on State Road 9 in the vicinity of Palmetto Park Road in Palm Beach County. Joseph Brown, 03/22/1972, was driving his 2004 Toyota 4 door southbound on State Road 9, also in the vicinity of Palmetto Park Road in Palm Beach County. The two subjects became engaged in a road rage argument as they were driving on the highway. In the vicinity, if State Road 9 and State Road 814, in Broward County, Mr. Spicer attempted to elude Mr. Brown by driving down on the exit ramp for State Road 814. At the last minute, Mr. Spicer tried to re-enter State Road 9 by driving across the apex area of the exit ramp. However, he misjudged the distance and had to stop in the apex area. Mr. Brown drove up behind Mr. Spicer and stuck a handgun out the driver’s window and fired three round into the rear of Mr. Spicer’s pick-up truck. Two projectiles struck the tailgate, and one projectile struck the bumper of Mr. Spicer’s vehicle. Mr. Brown fled the scene. Mr. Spicer notified authorities and stayed at the scene.
After, Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies observed the suspect vehicle on State Road 811 south of State Road 814. Deputies conducted a traffic stop and detained Mr. Brown for investigation. Deputies also saw a semi-automatic handgun in the suspect’s vehicle. A “show-up” was conducted, and Mr. Spicer positively identified Mr. Brown as the shooter.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASK MANDATE: Local Airports Remind Florida Travelers They Must Wear Masks
- STUDENT ASSAULTED AT OMNI MIDDLE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD SUED
- SIRENS: Dead At Boca Woods, Fainting At PBI, Bleeding At Canyons Middle School
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested