“There is no true autopilot that is available on Tesla or any other vehicle in production today.”
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Two nationally renowned truck crash attorneys are reviewing Friday’s crash on 441 that left one man dead after his Tesla drove under a tractor trailer — shearing off its roof. Jeremy Banner of Lake Worth was found in his Tesla — dead — nearly a half mile south of the crash scene.
Truck Crash Attorneys Joe Fried and Michael Leizerman are founders of the 500-member Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys — a national non-profit organization of lawyers and legal professionals dedicated to truck and highway safety. They are among the first attorneys in the United States to be “Board Certified” in Truck Accident Law.
While it’s unclear at this point what led to the crash, investigators are reviewing whether Banner’s “auto pilot” was activated on the Tesla.
“We are at a stage of development still where safety technology is best relied upon as a supplement to attentive driving as opposed to a replacement for attentive driving,” said Joe Fried. “Someday soon that may change but we are not there yet.”
“There is no doubt that safety technology saves lives, and there is no doubt that the current state of technology still requires full driver attention to the roadway and surrounding conditions,” concurred Leizerman. “There is no true autopilot that is available on Tesla or any vehicle in production today.”
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Banner was heading southbound on U.S. 441 when a tractor trailer — leaving Pero Farms — entered the road after coming to a stop at a stop sign. Banner drove under the tractor trailer. The Tesla’s roof was sheared off. The Tesla continued for nearly half a mile before coming to rest. Banner’s body was found in the vehicle.
No charges have been filed. The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach