“There is no true autopilot that is available on Tesla or any other vehicle in production today.”
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Two nationally renowned truck crash attorneys are reviewing Friday’s crash on 441 that left one man dead after his Tesla drove under a tractor trailer — shearing off its roof. Jeremy Banner of Lake Worth was found in his Tesla — dead — nearly a half mile south of the crash scene.
Truck Crash Attorneys Joe Fried and Michael Leizerman are founders of the 500-member Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys — a national non-profit organization of lawyers and legal professionals dedicated to truck and highway safety. They are among the first attorneys in the United States to be “Board Certified” in Truck Accident Law.
While it’s unclear at this point what led to the crash, investigators are reviewing whether Banner’s “auto pilot” was activated on the Tesla.
“We are at a stage of development still where safety technology is best relied upon as a supplement to attentive driving as opposed to a replacement for attentive driving,” said Joe Fried. “Someday soon that may change but we are not there yet.”
“There is no doubt that safety technology saves lives, and there is no doubt that the current state of technology still requires full driver attention to the roadway and surrounding conditions,” concurred Leizerman. “There is no true autopilot that is available on Tesla or any vehicle in production today.”
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Banner was heading southbound on U.S. 441 when a tractor trailer — leaving Pero Farms — entered the road after coming to a stop at a stop sign. Banner drove under the tractor trailer. The Tesla’s roof was sheared off. The Tesla continued for nearly half a mile before coming to rest. Banner’s body was found in the vehicle.
No charges have been filed. The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools