DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is now releasing details of its massive response in the early morning hours of Thursday in Mizner County Club.
Police cars were seen lining Lyons Road near Mizner as a helicopter hovered overhead. The reason: a car stolen in Broward County somehow got into the community, but due it Mizner’s high-tech exit system, couldn’t get out. Here’s the narrative from police:
“On March 7, 2019, between 2:30 am and 6:00 am. Deputies responded to the 16000 block of Alene Drive (Mizner Country Club) in reference to the recovery of a stolen vehicle out of Broward County. All available units responded to the area. A gray Nissan Altima was seen driving at a high rate of speed through the neighborhood. The vehicle then got to the guard house and backed up when it observed the gate not opening. The vehicle went towards the development clubhouse at which two occupants bailed out. The gray Altima was later discovered to be an unreported stolen vehicle from within the development.
The helicopter and K9 units responded to the scene to search for the suspects. The Altima was TOT to its owner. Suspects were not located.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance
- FATAL CRASH BOCA: David Hernandez, 21, Killed, Driver Allegedly Drunk
- KIDS HOSPITALIZED FLORIDA: CDC Report Reveals Children Hospitalized With COVID
- CDC Predicts 40,867 COVID Deaths In Florida In Four Weeks
- Seven Bridges HOA Sued Again: Defamation Claim By Caterer
- FLORIDA HOSPITALS IN CRISIS, 10K COVID PATIENTS USING BEDS