DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is now releasing details of its massive response in the early morning hours of Thursday in Mizner County Club.
Police cars were seen lining Lyons Road near Mizner as a helicopter hovered overhead. The reason: a car stolen in Broward County somehow got into the community, but due it Mizner’s high-tech exit system, couldn’t get out. Here’s the narrative from police:
“On March 7, 2019, between 2:30 am and 6:00 am. Deputies responded to the 16000 block of Alene Drive (Mizner Country Club) in reference to the recovery of a stolen vehicle out of Broward County. All available units responded to the area. A gray Nissan Altima was seen driving at a high rate of speed through the neighborhood. The vehicle then got to the guard house and backed up when it observed the gate not opening. The vehicle went towards the development clubhouse at which two occupants bailed out. The gray Altima was later discovered to be an unreported stolen vehicle from within the development.
The helicopter and K9 units responded to the scene to search for the suspects. The Altima was TOT to its owner. Suspects were not located.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home
- Boca Raton Police Charge Real Estate Agent With Harming Child