DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO) — The hit-and-run driver who Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives said was evading arrest is now in custody. Michael Green, 68, of 4420 NE 5th Avenue in Boca, was located March 15 – the same day media reported about BSO’s search for him.
Around 7:20 p.m. March 8, Berkolayko was walking east across North Federal Highway at Northeast Eller Street when an older-model Chevrolet Silverado heading north on Federal Highway struck him. Traffic Homicide Investigation Unit detectives said that based on witness statements, the pickup slowed to a near stop and then turned west on Northeast Eller Street.
Grigoriy Berkolayko, 60, had life-threatening injuries and was transported by Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue to Broward Health North where he died on March 9.
On March 15, deputies publicly identified the driver as Green, and released photographs of him and the truck. They were concerned that he was trying to repair damage to the pickup. Following news coverage, an anonymous tipster led detectives to Green. He faces two charges: one for failing to stop or remain at an accident involving death; and another for destroying or tampering with evidence.
The traffic homicide investigation continues. Anyone with information can contact THI Det. Anthony Morales at 954-321-4840. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: SIX DEAD IN WEST DELRAY BEACH CRASH
- At Least Two Killed In Crash At 441 And Atlantic Avenue Overnight
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…
- Deerfield Beach Woman Struck By Car, Killed
- Aaron Singerman Sentencing Delayed, Remains In Custody
- B’NAI TORAH BOCA: Parents Livid Over New COVID-19 Policies
- I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Expect Traffic Problems