DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Delray Beach woman is suing an area veterinarian in Palm Beach County Circuit Civil Court after Scooby — her dog — died.
In the suit, Kimberly Goddard of Delray claims that Albert Angel — a doctor of veterinary medicine — misdiagnosed Scooby and performed unnecessary surgery that ultimately led to Scooby’s death.
From the suit — and we’re not embellishing the language here:
“Plaintiff, Kimberly Goddard, at all times material hereto, is sui juris, a resident of Florida, and the lawful owner, guardian, custodian, possessor, and caregiver of a domesticated animal, SCOOBY, a beautiful, loving, and compassionate sentient dog, constant, loyal companion, and a loving a cherished member of her family.”
We’re also not embellishing here. Not even the “animal kingdom” section.
“SCOOBY was a sentient being capability of giving and receiving affection, expressing and responding to the emotions of the Plaintiff, a member of Plaintiff’s family and a member of the animal kingdom who experienced pain and suffering in a way extremely similar, if not identical to, the human experience of pain and suffering. Plaintiff witnessed this suffering and was powerless to stop it, and thus suffered acute emotional distress.”
Read the entire lawsuit by downloading it, below.
Goddard seeks in excess of $15,000 which is the statutory minimum for circuit civil court.
Incidentally, for our readers who occasionally need vocabulary assistance, “sentient” means “able to perceive or feel things.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash