BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) is being sued by a Coral Springs woman who allegedly tripped and fell in the company’s Boca Raton store due to the negligence of employees.
Janet Hall, according to a lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court (download the filing below) was shopping in the store at 20540 State Road 7 in (US 441) when “as she was walking toward the appliance department she tripped over the loose, raised metal divider that was on the floor that divides the floor of the appliance department with the rest of the store.”
According to the suit, “Best Buy breached its Non-delegable duty to Plaintiff by failing to maintain the floor in a reasonably safe condition for business invitees (and) failing to correct the dangerous condition of which they knew or should have known in that the Defendant knew that the metal divider was loose and raised on the floor and failed to repair such metal divider.”
Hall was critically injured. The suit seeks in excess of $15,000 — the statutory minimum for filing in circuit civil.
As we have previously and recently reported, Best Buy seems to be having serious issues in its Boca Raton store, including its attempt to sell a singular Airpod — valued at $60 — for $220 just weeks ago.
Best Buy’s media relations team at headquarters in Minneapolis has refused to comment.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Homicide, Hit And Run Charges Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- TRAFFIC ALERT: GLADES ROAD TO COMPLETELY CLOSE AT I-95 ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Palm Beach County Lawyer Nabbed While Downloading Child Pornography
- MURDER IN WEST DELRAY BEACH, POLICE INVESTIGATING
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: More Arrests, More Often As Another Is Locked Up
- Senator Marco Rubio Talks TikTok, FAU With Andrew Colton on NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- WHOSE BODY WAS IN BURNING CAR? BROWARD COPS ASKING FOR TIPS
- GO OWLS! FAU’s Student Affairs VP Joins Andrew Colton On NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton