BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) is being sued by a Coral Springs woman who allegedly tripped and fell in the company’s Boca Raton store due to the negligence of employees.
Janet Hall, according to a lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court (download the filing below) was shopping in the store at 20540 State Road 7 in (US 441) when “as she was walking toward the appliance department she tripped over the loose, raised metal divider that was on the floor that divides the floor of the appliance department with the rest of the store.”
According to the suit, “Best Buy breached its Non-delegable duty to Plaintiff by failing to maintain the floor in a reasonably safe condition for business invitees (and) failing to correct the dangerous condition of which they knew or should have known in that the Defendant knew that the metal divider was loose and raised on the floor and failed to repair such metal divider.”
Hall was critically injured. The suit seeks in excess of $15,000 — the statutory minimum for filing in circuit civil.
As we have previously and recently reported, Best Buy seems to be having serious issues in its Boca Raton store, including its attempt to sell a singular Airpod — valued at $60 — for $220 just weeks ago.
Best Buy’s media relations team at headquarters in Minneapolis has refused to comment.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month