BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) is being sued by a Coral Springs woman who allegedly tripped and fell in the company’s Boca Raton store due to the negligence of employees.
Janet Hall, according to a lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court (download the filing below) was shopping in the store at 20540 State Road 7 in (US 441) when “as she was walking toward the appliance department she tripped over the loose, raised metal divider that was on the floor that divides the floor of the appliance department with the rest of the store.”
According to the suit, “Best Buy breached its Non-delegable duty to Plaintiff by failing to maintain the floor in a reasonably safe condition for business invitees (and) failing to correct the dangerous condition of which they knew or should have known in that the Defendant knew that the metal divider was loose and raised on the floor and failed to repair such metal divider.”
Hall was critically injured. The suit seeks in excess of $15,000 — the statutory minimum for filing in circuit civil.
As we have previously and recently reported, Best Buy seems to be having serious issues in its Boca Raton store, including its attempt to sell a singular Airpod — valued at $60 — for $220 just weeks ago.
Best Buy’s media relations team at headquarters in Minneapolis has refused to comment.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive