BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca Raton Fire Rescue Press Release ) —April 6th, 2019 will be the Annual Dolphin’s Cancer Challenge, consisting of multiple race events to raise money for the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami for Cancer treatment and research. The Challenge has a 5K, 10K, and multiple bike rides from 14 miles to 100 miles, with all races concluding simultaneously at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. One of the cycle events, the “Boca Ride” will start at Florida Atlantic University (Lot# 23) at 7:30am on Saturday April 6th. Cancer rates amongst Firefighters is one of the highest in the country and the Sylvester Center has helped provide the research to determine and reduce firefighters Cancer risks, as well as treat firefighters suffering from Cancer. Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services and Palm Beach County Fire Rescue will be joining forces and displaying a large American Flag between two ladder trucks creating an arch way for the riders to start.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70