BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca Raton Fire Rescue Press Release ) —April 6th, 2019 will be the Annual Dolphin’s Cancer Challenge, consisting of multiple race events to raise money for the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami for Cancer treatment and research. The Challenge has a 5K, 10K, and multiple bike rides from 14 miles to 100 miles, with all races concluding simultaneously at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. One of the cycle events, the “Boca Ride” will start at Florida Atlantic University (Lot# 23) at 7:30am on Saturday April 6th. Cancer rates amongst Firefighters is one of the highest in the country and the Sylvester Center has helped provide the research to determine and reduce firefighters Cancer risks, as well as treat firefighters suffering from Cancer. Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services and Palm Beach County Fire Rescue will be joining forces and displaying a large American Flag between two ladder trucks creating an arch way for the riders to start.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wave Watching Continues, Another Expected To Form
- Delray Beach Father And Son Charged In Boynton Shooting, Witness Threat
- BREAKING: Shots Fired In Boca Raton
- Health Inspector Cites Local McDonald’s For Insects, Garbage
- Boca Raton Woman Pulls Gun On Former Israeli Defense Force Soldier
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers