BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca Raton Fire Rescue Press Release ) —April 6th, 2019 will be the Annual Dolphin’s Cancer Challenge, consisting of multiple race events to raise money for the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami for Cancer treatment and research. The Challenge has a 5K, 10K, and multiple bike rides from 14 miles to 100 miles, with all races concluding simultaneously at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. One of the cycle events, the “Boca Ride” will start at Florida Atlantic University (Lot# 23) at 7:30am on Saturday April 6th. Cancer rates amongst Firefighters is one of the highest in the country and the Sylvester Center has helped provide the research to determine and reduce firefighters Cancer risks, as well as treat firefighters suffering from Cancer. Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services and Palm Beach County Fire Rescue will be joining forces and displaying a large American Flag between two ladder trucks creating an arch way for the riders to start.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance Two Systems Form Within Days
- Carly Richards, 20, Killed In Boynton Beach Crash
- Boca Raton Lawyer Who Threatened Us Disqualified From Case We Covered
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems Southeast Of Florida May Become Victor, Wanda
- POLICE: Woman Charged With Firebombing Area Temple
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon