UPDATE: Boca Police inadvertently provided an incorrect motorcycle photograph in an earlier version of this story. It has been updated.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca PD) — On Wednesday, April 3, 2019, shortly after 3:30 pm, Boca Raton Police responded to a report of an attempted carjacking with shots fired in the 900 block of North Federal Highway. The driver of the car told officers he arrived with his wife. The driver said he stayed in the car while his wife exited the vehicle. As his wife was walking toward a building, they both saw a white male emerge from the bushes nearby holding a handgun.
The suspect fired a shot at the closed driver’s side window. He then attempted to take the vehicle, but later fled the scene on foot. No one was injured during the incident.
Through the investigation, 59‐year‐old James Sidney Friedman of Pompano Beach, FL was identified as the suspect. It is believed Friedman left in his pickup truck, then switched to a red and black 2008 Kawasaki 1400 motorcycle bearing Florida tag MEII38. If you have information about Friedman’s location, do not approach him and call 911 immediately. If you have any information about this case, please contact Detective Kingman at 561‐620‐6096.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose