BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The “person of interest” detained overnight by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is, according to police. the mother of the baby found in a dumpster in West Boca Raton.
After being interviewed by detectives, Rafaelle Alessandra Carbalho Sousa admitted to delivering the baby, placing her in a bag and throwing her in the dumpster, according to PBSO.
The baby, who is expected to be fine, was found Wednesday in a dumpster at the Boca Entrada apartment complex.
Sousa is charged with homicide (commit a felony that could cause death) and child cruelty.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton
- Man Who Claims To Be Worth $27M Again Refuses To Pay Dinner Check
- Lyndsey Kennedy, Found In Delray Drain In March, Now Jailed
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical