BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The “person of interest” detained overnight by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is, according to police. the mother of the baby found in a dumpster in West Boca Raton.
After being interviewed by detectives, Rafaelle Alessandra Carbalho Sousa admitted to delivering the baby, placing her in a bag and throwing her in the dumpster, according to PBSO.
The baby, who is expected to be fine, was found Wednesday in a dumpster at the Boca Entrada apartment complex.
Sousa is charged with homicide (commit a felony that could cause death) and child cruelty.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Charges Filed Against Parkland Pediatrician Mizrachy
- POLICE: Woman Abandons Three Children Across Palm Beach County
- BREAKING: Florida Teachers Now Eligible For COVID-19 Vaccine
- Hyundai Sued: Palm Beach County Man Says Genesis Is A Dud
- COVID Shot Now Available To Vulnerable Floridians Under 65
- Boca’s Courtney Isgette Arrested On DUI Charge
- Another Boynton Resident Killed In Crash
- Boynton Beach Resident Matthew Guntle Killed In Crash
- Ferrari Sues, Wants Its $400k Car Back From Palm Beach County Man