BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca PD) — On May 19th, 2019, at 4:38 am, Boca Raton Police responded to a hit‐and‐run crash, which occurred at 6401 W. Glades Road. Witnesses reported a pick‐up truck was traveling eastbound along W. Glades Road when it collided with a pedestrian in the travel lanes. The driver left the scene without stopping. The pedestrian, 44‐year‐old Luis Felipe Rodriguez Jr., was transported to Delray Medical Center where he later died.
Cameras captured the suspect vehicle, a Nissan Titan, at the Florida Turnpike Toll Plaza and on W. Glades Road, shortly before the accident occurred. On May 20, 2019, a Boca Raton Police lieutenant spotted the vehicle on the bed of a tow truck that was traveling along Spanish River Boulevard. The Nissan had front end damage and it was determined the vehicle was being transported to a repair shop.
Through interviews, investigators were able to identify the driver, 36‐year‐old Efrain Francisco Sebastian, and two other occupants of the suspect vehicle. According to the other occupants of the vehicle, the driver was aware that he hit a person when he fled the scene.
Based on the evidence gathered, an arrest warrant was obtained for Efrain Francisco Sebastian for Leaving the Scene of a Crash Involving Death. If you know the whereabouts of Sebastian, do not approach him and call the police. If you have any other information regarding this investigation, please contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Andrew Crawford at (561) 620‐6227.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: Critical Crash Northbound Near Glades Road
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On The Wave, Development Possible
- Homeowner Sues Valencia Reserve, Critically Injured
- DONNA KLEIN JEWISH ACADEMY SUED: STUDENT BULLIED, INJURED
- POLICE: Bulldog Named Morty Attacks Golden Retriever In Seven Bridges, Punctures Ear
- HURRICANE CENTER: There’s Another Wave To Watch