BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca PD) — On May 19th, 2019, at 4:38 am, Boca Raton Police responded to a hit‐and‐run crash, which occurred at 6401 W. Glades Road. Witnesses reported a pick‐up truck was traveling eastbound along W. Glades Road when it collided with a pedestrian in the travel lanes. The driver left the scene without stopping. The pedestrian, 44‐year‐old Luis Felipe Rodriguez Jr., was transported to Delray Medical Center where he later died.
Cameras captured the suspect vehicle, a Nissan Titan, at the Florida Turnpike Toll Plaza and on W. Glades Road, shortly before the accident occurred. On May 20, 2019, a Boca Raton Police lieutenant spotted the vehicle on the bed of a tow truck that was traveling along Spanish River Boulevard. The Nissan had front end damage and it was determined the vehicle was being transported to a repair shop.
Through interviews, investigators were able to identify the driver, 36‐year‐old Efrain Francisco Sebastian, and two other occupants of the suspect vehicle. According to the other occupants of the vehicle, the driver was aware that he hit a person when he fled the scene.
Based on the evidence gathered, an arrest warrant was obtained for Efrain Francisco Sebastian for Leaving the Scene of a Crash Involving Death. If you know the whereabouts of Sebastian, do not approach him and call the police. If you have any other information regarding this investigation, please contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Andrew Crawford at (561) 620‐6227.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street