BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca PD) — On May 19th, 2019, at 4:38 am, Boca Raton Police responded to a hit‐and‐run crash, which occurred at 6401 W. Glades Road. Witnesses reported a pick‐up truck was traveling eastbound along W. Glades Road when it collided with a pedestrian in the travel lanes. The driver left the scene without stopping. The pedestrian, 44‐year‐old Luis Felipe Rodriguez Jr., was transported to Delray Medical Center where he later died.
Cameras captured the suspect vehicle, a Nissan Titan, at the Florida Turnpike Toll Plaza and on W. Glades Road, shortly before the accident occurred. On May 20, 2019, a Boca Raton Police lieutenant spotted the vehicle on the bed of a tow truck that was traveling along Spanish River Boulevard. The Nissan had front end damage and it was determined the vehicle was being transported to a repair shop.
Through interviews, investigators were able to identify the driver, 36‐year‐old Efrain Francisco Sebastian, and two other occupants of the suspect vehicle. According to the other occupants of the vehicle, the driver was aware that he hit a person when he fled the scene.
Based on the evidence gathered, an arrest warrant was obtained for Efrain Francisco Sebastian for Leaving the Scene of a Crash Involving Death. If you know the whereabouts of Sebastian, do not approach him and call the police. If you have any other information regarding this investigation, please contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Andrew Crawford at (561) 620‐6227.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: Person Shot Near Boca Raton Town Center Mall
- POLICE: Stay Away From Mall And Military Trail In Boca
- Popular Boca Raton Restaurant Was Shut For Roaches, Health Code Violations
- CDC: If Vaccinated, Some Family Visiting Okay, But No Travel, No Word On Restaurants
- Silky, Smooth and Slippery: Victoria’s Secret Sued By Palm Beach County Woman
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Battering Senior Citizen
- School Board Member Dr. Robinson: It’s Time To Step Up On FSA’s
- In Hidden Trump, DeSantis COVID Report, Florida Looking Better
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s