UPS Seems To Have A Problem Originating From Its Deerfield Beach Regional Center
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Late deliveries. Incorrect deliveries. And that horrible overseas call center. UPS seems to be in a downhill spiral when it comes to deliveries in South Palm Beach County and it’s only getting worse.
Based on reports from readers and our own tests over the past two weeks, it appears that UPS’s Deerfield Beach service center — which covers Boca Raton and Delray Beach — is in the midst of a major problem. Customers paying for “confirmed delivery times” are finding packages delivered well after guaranteed windows. Other homeowners are finding packages delivered to similar house numbers several blocks away. Then there are the reports of cameras catching drivers not waiting for signatures — merely walking up to doors, placing info-notices on the doors, and taking off. UPS is quick to blame package thieves and non-responsive residents, even though “Ring,” “Blink” and other cameras are showing UPS incompetence, not an increase in theft nor homeowners not home.
Customers seeking assistance through 1-800-PICK-UPS are being routed to an overseas call center where representatives for the U.S.-based company are attempting to read scripts — in English — with mixed results. BocaNewsNow.com, through several tests, has determined that it takes two requests for a supervisor (the supervisor’s supervisor) to be connected to someone in the United States.
The UPS problems seems to been on the rise as Amazon moves into the region with its own delivery service.
What’s your UPS story? Email us at news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Toddler Shot, Killed In North Broward County
- Boca Raton Magazine Publisher Charged With Child Solicitation, Molestation
- Forecasters Still Watching System East Of Florida, Development Unlikely
- RESCUE: Man Jumps From Deerfield Pier, Boca Raton and Broward Rescuers Retrieve
- DON’T DROWN: Palm Beach County Promotes Water Safety This Holiday Weekend
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching System East Of Florida
- MISSING CHILD: Statewide Alert Issued For Palm Beach County Child
- Coconut Creek Man Killed In Boca Raton Crash
- Plane Crashes On Congress Avenue Near Lantana Airport, PBSO On Scene