UPDATE: BocaNewsNow.com has obtained the affidavit of probable cause. You can read the entire report by clicking the link at the end of the article. While the statute cited in the affidavit as well as by the Palm Beach County Jail is 784.048(5) — which is harassing, following or cyberstalking a child under the age of 16 — we do not see a reference to anyone 16 or under in the arrest report.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Jacob Ropp, 28, of SE 14th Street, remains in the Palm Beach County Jail following his arrest on two charges — “stalking a child under the age of 16” and “intimidation – sending a written threat to commit bodily injury.”
While the affidavit of probable cause is still being processed, BocaNewsNow.com has reviewed a retraining order filed against Ropp which includes the following text messages that he allegedly sent: “Such a lil girl ur not a man I hope u know that” and “Don’t sleep ni—a u playin with the wrong one lil boy,” “Trust me i’m going to catch u,” “Ima blow ur f-isn’t head off. Trust me i’m going to catch u.”
Ropp was released on $50,000 bond.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge