UPDATE: BocaNewsNow.com has obtained the affidavit of probable cause. You can read the entire report by clicking the link at the end of the article. While the statute cited in the affidavit as well as by the Palm Beach County Jail is 784.048(5) — which is harassing, following or cyberstalking a child under the age of 16 — we do not see a reference to anyone 16 or under in the arrest report.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Jacob Ropp, 28, of SE 14th Street, remains in the Palm Beach County Jail following his arrest on two charges — “stalking a child under the age of 16” and “intimidation – sending a written threat to commit bodily injury.”
While the affidavit of probable cause is still being processed, BocaNewsNow.com has reviewed a retraining order filed against Ropp which includes the following text messages that he allegedly sent: “Such a lil girl ur not a man I hope u know that” and “Don’t sleep ni—a u playin with the wrong one lil boy,” “Trust me i’m going to catch u,” “Ima blow ur f-isn’t head off. Trust me i’m going to catch u.”
Ropp was released on $50,000 bond.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks
- Settlement Talks Underway In $7M Suit Against Seven Bridges Delray HOA
- These Stations Do Not Have Gas In Delray Beach, Boca Raton
- Bruised Man Arrested on Drug, Battery Charges At Delray Beach Food Hall
- Walk-Up Pfizer COVID Shots Available To 12-15 Age Group In Palm Beach County