BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County circuit court alleges a home healthcare aide left a critically ill and frail woman on the floor of her home where she was later found by another aide who called Boca Raton Police.
The woman, who we are only identifying as “Anne Marie,” was admitted to Boca Raton Regional Hospital in December of 2016 for diverticulitis with abscess.
“Upon discharge,” according to the suit, Anne Marie was sent home on IV antibiotics with home health care to be provided by M.D. Home Health, LLC on a daily basis.” The initial assessment by M.D. Home Health “identified her as a frail weak patient suffering from vertigo, with limitations in balance, endurance, ambulation, and in need of assist with activities of daily living. She also had balance and gait abnormalities…She was deemed home bound and a fall risk.”
Despite M.D. Home Health LLC’s own assessment, aide Luz Muhalley, according to the suit, wrote off her inability to make phone contact with Anne Marie even though Anne Marie had fallen and couldn’t answer the phone or door. It wasn’t until December 19th the the aide, according to the suit, “returned to the home and notified security that Anne Marie was not responsive. Police arrived and Anne Marie was found on the floor wherein she was taken by ambulance to Boca Raton Regional Hospital.”
Read the complete lawsuit by clicking below. Home Health LLC is located in West Palm Beach.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive