BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County circuit court alleges a home healthcare aide left a critically ill and frail woman on the floor of her home where she was later found by another aide who called Boca Raton Police.
The woman, who we are only identifying as “Anne Marie,” was admitted to Boca Raton Regional Hospital in December of 2016 for diverticulitis with abscess.
“Upon discharge,” according to the suit, Anne Marie was sent home on IV antibiotics with home health care to be provided by M.D. Home Health, LLC on a daily basis.” The initial assessment by M.D. Home Health “identified her as a frail weak patient suffering from vertigo, with limitations in balance, endurance, ambulation, and in need of assist with activities of daily living. She also had balance and gait abnormalities…She was deemed home bound and a fall risk.”
Despite M.D. Home Health LLC’s own assessment, aide Luz Muhalley, according to the suit, wrote off her inability to make phone contact with Anne Marie even though Anne Marie had fallen and couldn’t answer the phone or door. It wasn’t until December 19th the the aide, according to the suit, “returned to the home and notified security that Anne Marie was not responsive. Police arrived and Anne Marie was found on the floor wherein she was taken by ambulance to Boca Raton Regional Hospital.”
Read the complete lawsuit by clicking below. Home Health LLC is located in West Palm Beach.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY
- UPDATE: DOUBLE FATAL CRASH IN WEST BOCA RATON MAY HAVE BEEN DUI RELATED
- Boca Raton Police Investigate Overnight Shooting Behind Aura
- TWO KILLED IN CRASH ON 441 AT KIMBERLY BLVD. IN WEST BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Playing With His Jalapeño In Chipotle Parking Lot