BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County circuit court alleges a home healthcare aide left a critically ill and frail woman on the floor of her home where she was later found by another aide who called Boca Raton Police.
The woman, who we are only identifying as “Anne Marie,” was admitted to Boca Raton Regional Hospital in December of 2016 for diverticulitis with abscess.
“Upon discharge,” according to the suit, Anne Marie was sent home on IV antibiotics with home health care to be provided by M.D. Home Health, LLC on a daily basis.” The initial assessment by M.D. Home Health “identified her as a frail weak patient suffering from vertigo, with limitations in balance, endurance, ambulation, and in need of assist with activities of daily living. She also had balance and gait abnormalities…She was deemed home bound and a fall risk.”
Despite M.D. Home Health LLC’s own assessment, aide Luz Muhalley, according to the suit, wrote off her inability to make phone contact with Anne Marie even though Anne Marie had fallen and couldn’t answer the phone or door. It wasn’t until December 19th the the aide, according to the suit, “returned to the home and notified security that Anne Marie was not responsive. Police arrived and Anne Marie was found on the floor wherein she was taken by ambulance to Boca Raton Regional Hospital.”
Read the complete lawsuit by clicking below. Home Health LLC is located in West Palm Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance
- FATAL CRASH BOCA: David Hernandez, 21, Killed, Driver Allegedly Drunk
- KIDS HOSPITALIZED FLORIDA: CDC Report Reveals Children Hospitalized With COVID
- CDC Predicts 40,867 COVID Deaths In Florida In Four Weeks
- Seven Bridges HOA Sued Again: Defamation Claim By Caterer
- FLORIDA HOSPITALS IN CRISIS, 10K COVID PATIENTS USING BEDS