DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach resident Diana Slone is claiming in a just filed lawsuit that oysters she ate at “City Oyster” (213 East Atlantic Avenue, Delray) made her sick. She is suing Big Time Restaurant Group — owner of the restaurant — for more than $15k, the statutory minimum for circuit civil court.
According to the suit:
“(Slone alleges) that on or about September 25, 2017, while Plaintiff was eating at Defendant Big Time’s restaurant, she ingested improperly stored oysters, causing her to get ill.”
The suit ads that: “as a further direct and proximate result of the negligence of the Defendant, BIG TIME, the Plaintiff has in the past and will in the future suffer disability, disfigurement, pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, loss of income, loss of earning capacity, medical expenses, hospitalization expenses, therapy expenses, diagnostic expenses, nursing expenses, and/or aggravation of a previously existing condition.”
There is no mention in the suit of just how many oysters Diana Slone ate or the actual damages she allegedly suffered.
Read the suit below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions