DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach resident Diana Slone is claiming in a just filed lawsuit that oysters she ate at “City Oyster” (213 East Atlantic Avenue, Delray) made her sick. She is suing Big Time Restaurant Group — owner of the restaurant — for more than $15k, the statutory minimum for circuit civil court.
According to the suit:
“(Slone alleges) that on or about September 25, 2017, while Plaintiff was eating at Defendant Big Time’s restaurant, she ingested improperly stored oysters, causing her to get ill.”
The suit ads that: “as a further direct and proximate result of the negligence of the Defendant, BIG TIME, the Plaintiff has in the past and will in the future suffer disability, disfigurement, pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, loss of income, loss of earning capacity, medical expenses, hospitalization expenses, therapy expenses, diagnostic expenses, nursing expenses, and/or aggravation of a previously existing condition.”
There is no mention in the suit of just how many oysters Diana Slone ate or the actual damages she allegedly suffered.
Read the suit below.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street