DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach resident Diana Slone is claiming in a just filed lawsuit that oysters she ate at “City Oyster” (213 East Atlantic Avenue, Delray) made her sick. She is suing Big Time Restaurant Group — owner of the restaurant — for more than $15k, the statutory minimum for circuit civil court.
According to the suit:
“(Slone alleges) that on or about September 25, 2017, while Plaintiff was eating at Defendant Big Time’s restaurant, she ingested improperly stored oysters, causing her to get ill.”
The suit ads that: “as a further direct and proximate result of the negligence of the Defendant, BIG TIME, the Plaintiff has in the past and will in the future suffer disability, disfigurement, pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, loss of income, loss of earning capacity, medical expenses, hospitalization expenses, therapy expenses, diagnostic expenses, nursing expenses, and/or aggravation of a previously existing condition.”
There is no mention in the suit of just how many oysters Diana Slone ate or the actual damages she allegedly suffered.
Read the suit below.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record
- Florida Withholding COVID-19 Infection, Death Report For Wednesday
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Order