BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO Media Advisory) — Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives arrested Boca Raton’s Andrea Schneider, 21, of 250 SW 7th Street, for the deaths of a teenager and her grandmother who were killed in a multi-vehicle crash in March in Deerfield Beach.
The incident occurred around 6:20 p.m. March 30. A Dodge Avenger was traveling east on West Hillsboro Boulevard near the 4300 block when it lost control and veered left across the eastbound lanes. The car continued across the raised center median and drove head-on into traffic. The Avenger’s driver, Andrea Schneider, collided with three vehicles including the Nissan Altima driven by 17-year-old Breanha Free-Baker. A Chrysler 200 and Hyundai Sonata were also struck.
Based on evidence at the scene and witness statements, detectives with BSO’s Traffic Homicide Investigation Unit said the Avenger was traveling at a high rate of speed.
The teen and her grandmother, Robyn Underwood, were pronounced dead at the scene. Michele Free-Baker, the second passenger in the Altima was injured and transported to Broward Health North with injuries said to be not life threatening. The other three drivers were also injured. Melanie Perozin and Schneider were taken to Broward Health North with injuries described as not life threatening. Janis Farese had minor injuries and declined transport.
Through their investigation, traffic homicide investigators determined Schneider was driving under the influence of alcohol, and her blood-alcohol level exceeded the legal limit.
Schneider was arrested Thursday, July 18 and faces two counts of DUI manslaughter, six counts of DUI with damage to person or property, possession of Alprazolam (Xanax) and violation of probation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care