DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO Media Advisory) — The Broward Sheriff’s Office family is grieving the loss of a BSO deputy who died after being involved in a crash while on duty early Sunday morning.
Around 3 a.m. July 21, the BSO Deerfield Beach deputy was responding to a call of a domestic dispute. He and another deputy, driving separate BSO vehicles, were headed southbound on Military Trail approaching the intersection of Southwest 10th Street. As the first BSO vehicle made its way through the intersection, it crashed with a Toyota Tundra that was headed eastbound on Southwest 10th Street. The second BSO deputy, who witnessed the crash, immediately called for help.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported the deputy and the sole occupant of the pickup to Broward Health North. The BSO deputy succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead at the hospital. The driver of the pickup has been hospitalized but is said to be stable.
BSO traffic homicide detectives are investigating the cause of the collision.
The names of both drivers are being temporarily withheld.
Anyone who was in the area of the crash and has any information regarding this incident is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide Detective Carlos De Jesus at 954-321-4842.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed
- DEAD ROACHES FOUND IN BOCA RATON RESTAURANT
- KINGS POINT: Convicted Cyberstalker Re-Arrested
- Man In Dominant-Submissive Relationship Submits To Feds, Sentenced To 50 Years
- Free School Supplies Available For 2022-23 Palm Beach County Students
- Boca Raton Mobile Home Destroyed Overnight In Blaze
- SWIMMING? These Area Pools Are Unsatisfactory, Says Health Dept.
- RESTRAINING DISABLED CHILDREN: PB Schools Set To Adopt Policy In Days
- TRAFFIC AHEAD: Expect Delays, Road Closures This Week In Palm Beach County