BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — West Boca Raton resident Karen Kesner, 75, was struck by two separate cars as she crossed Palmetto Park Road at Ponderosa Drive.
The cars fled the scene. Police are seeking witnesses or any information.
According to PBSO, Kesner was walking “north along the east side of Ponderosa Drive at the intersection with Palmetto Park Road. She was crossing Palmetto Park Road in the crosswalk. Vehicle 1 was traveling eastbound on Palmetto Park Road. Vehicle 1 crossed the intersection of Ponderosa Drive. The front of Vehicle 1 struck Kesner. Kesner landed on the roadway and Vehicle 1 came to a stop east of the point of impact.
Vehicle 2 was traveling southbound on Ponderosa Drive at the intersection with Palmetto Park Road. Vehicle 2 made a left turn onto eastbound Palmetto Park Road shortly behind Vehicle 1. Vehicle 2 maneuvered around stopped vehicles in the intersection and proceeded east on Palmetto Park Road. At this time, Kesner was laying on the roadway from the impact with vehicle 1. Vehicle 2 ran over Kesner, striking her with its tires and undercarriage. Vehicle 2 came to a stop behind Vehicle 1.
According to witnesses, the drivers of Vehicle 1 and Vehicle 2 conversed with one another momentarily before fleeing the scene east bound on Palmetto Park Road.
Kesner is in critical condition at Delray Medical Center. Vehicle 1 and 2 have not been identified at this time.
Call CrimeStoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS, or use the PBSO app to report information anonymously.
The incident occurred Monday. Police are just now making a public call for assistance.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender